Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Homescreen wallpaper not working

Default Homescreen wallpaper not working
    i have an ipod touch 2g on 4.2.1 and homescreen wallpapers used to work fine utill one day the wallpaper just went black for no reason and when i go to photos and select use as wallpaper, it doesnt ask whether its for homescreen or wallpaper it just does the lockscreen wallpaper i even tried safe mode and it doesnt work any suggestions
    (im trying to avoid restoring)
    Thanks

First of all, maybe the tweak you are using has a bug. Sometimes a respring or a reboot will fix it. But I have an easy way to enable homescreen wallpaper without a tweak. Do you have iFile or know how to SSH???

Resring and reboot don't work and yes I do know how to shh and I have ifile

Are you using a tweak or Winterboard for the wallpaper?

I'm using neither... Wallpaper homescreen comes with iOS 4 software I just go to My pics and choose a wallpaper but for some reason its not working anymore

Apple doesn't allow 2G iPods to have homescreen wallpapers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Thanks

You jailbreak yours with redsnow right? If so, use sn0wbreeze-2.2.1 with 4.2.1. It did da same to meh. Now I can change to watever I want.

Or by using iFile or SSH, you could navigate to System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app
    From there you find a .plist file that starts with N followed by a bunch of numbers and letters. Then you open the .plist file and enable wallpaper or something like that.-imageuploadedbymodmyi1310792204.834862.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to teej1410 For This Useful Post:

Veciphyr (2014-01-17)

Thank you somuch teej1410 I found the plist and changed homescreen wallpaper from false to true and everything works now wall paper has come back thanks

Quote Originally Posted by auntmay View Post
    Thank you somuch teej1410 I found the plist and changed homescreen wallpaper from false to true and everything works now wall paper has come back thanks
    No problem, I was so happy that I found that .plist. If you also want a unified iPod with no tweak, add in "unified-ipod" with the Boolean.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to teej1410 For This Useful Post:

auntmay (2011-07-16)