Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod2 4.2.1 & Winterboard

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Ipod2 4.2.1 & Winterboard
    Are these 2 compatible? I've downloaded themes but and installed automatically. But when I click Winterboard icon, it just returns me to home screen. So far I've installed 7 themes for ipod2 but nothing is showin on the ipod.

What's wrong here?

That's weird. They should be compatible. Try reinstalling it. It also might be a tweak you have installed. Most likely not though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to teej1410 For This Useful Post:

Jabbacks (2011-07-04)

Thanks

Is it maybe cuz I installed winterboard thru iSpirit and not thru wifi?

That could be true. iSpirit is the jailbreak for 3.x firmware right? When I jailbroke my iPod, I just selected to install Cydia because you can basically get everything through there. I jailbroke mine with redsnow.

Thanks

iSpirit is a file/app manager for iphones. dunno if it's designed for ipod2. I just tried it. I jailbroke mine with redsnow too. When I press "Respring" in iSpirit, it asks me if I want to respring springboard which I believe is for iphones. I have searched the net for any possible answers on why the themes are not being applied. They're installed alright but cannot apply thru winterboard.

Here's what I would do: remove iSpirit. Disable all of the tweaks via SB Settings (except for Winterboard) and then see if it works. If not, re-install Winterboard through Cydia. If that doesn't work. I would just live without it and replace the files manually or just rejailbrake it. I use iFile for a file manager and it never goes wrong for me. I always install stuff through Cydia if they have it. When I jailbroke with redsnow, I just installed Cydia knowing I can get the other features that you can get through Cydia or through a simple .plist modification.
    Last edited by teej1410; 2011-07-05 at 02:25 AM.

Thanks

Ok, i've done re-jailbreakin couple times... On the tweaks, dunno what dat is. Could you please elaborate more on that. Going to install winterboard thru cydia as u said. Just need to find a good spot for my wife. Believe it or not, wifi here is limited to only a few spots on the island.

Thanks.....
    Last edited by Jabbacks; 2011-07-06 at 12:00 AM.

When re-jailbrake, you restored too right? Because when you restore, the restore removes all of the tweaks. Now about the tweak thing: If you download SB Settings, you can disable tweaks that you installed like Winterboard, Activator, Full Screen for Safari, LiveClock etc.

Thanks

hang on... in the process... will post results...