Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak BB ??.??.?? SW: ?.?.?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak BB ??.??.?? SW: ?.?.?
    Since I don't know device firmware, I went ahead and use redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc12 with 4.2.1. Process went thru but then, it's not like iPhone jailbreak. I don't see data written to phone on the screen like the iphone. Well, screen remains black. I let it sit for like 20 minutes and when I turned it back on, I see the same red screen saying device is disabled.

Am I doing it right or this is a NoNo?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbacks View Post
    Since I don't know device firmware, I went ahead and use redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc12 with 4.2.1. Process went thru but then, it's not like iPhone jailbreak. I don't see data written to phone on the screen like the iphone. Well, screen remains black. I let it sit for like 20 minutes and when I turned it back on, I see the same red screen saying device is disabled.

Am I doing it right or this is a NoNo?
    Sounds like you entered an incorrect passcode one too many times and locked up the device... I'd start with a DFU restore to iOS 4.3.3 (or 4.2.1 if your device is an iPT2G) and try again.*

*Assuming this device is yours and only yours. I'm not accusing you of anything, but I have to make sure.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jabbacks's Avatar
    Thanks

Did it with 4.2.1 and screen remain black. How long does it usually take for this to process internally? Screen is not showing any activites unlike the iphone.?????? See post #1

Oh, iTunes 10.2 won't accept 4.3.3, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Sounds like you entered an incorrect passcode one too many times and locked up the device... I'd start with a DFU restore to iOS 4.3.3 (or 4.2.1 if your device is an iPT2G) and try again.*

*Assuming this device is yours and only yours. I'm not accusing you of anything, but I have to make sure.
    Hehehehe, it's not mine though. Neighbors' phone. According to him, his kids were playing around with it and end up like this.
    Last edited by Jabbacks; 2011-06-12 at 08:56 AM.