Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I update my jailbroken ipod from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Should I update my jailbroken ipod from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3?
    To make a long story short, my ipod starting acting up (apps crashing, turning off on its own, staying stuck on boot logo, painfully slow) and I was thinking that it might be because of the old OS. SO, I was thinking of a few options. Option 1: restore ipod to factory settings and return ipod to apple (im still under warranty) and get a new ipod and go ahead and jailbreak that one because it will more than likely be running 4.3.3. Option 2: restore ipod, update, jailbreak. I kinda like option 1. What do you guys think?

BTW, I already called apple and told them about my issues and they said I can bring in my ipod and they will replace it. Is there any way apple can find out if your ipod was jailbroken AFTER I restore it?

lol get a freaking new ipod. why WOULDN'T you take it? and no. they won't know if your ipod was jailbroken after you restored it. anyways. they don't even care that much. as long as it LOOKS like it wasn't jailbroken. though... your ipod shouldn't suck just because of 4.2.1... i have a 4.1 and it runs fine. it's probably something wrong with packages you installed or something. but all in all, just take the new ipod
    WHY AREN'T YOU JAILBROKEN?!?!!?

Thanks

I'd go with the new iPod too! If not, there are big differences from 4.2.1 to 4.3 and higher. Update at the least.
    Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What are the main differences between 4.2.1 and 4.3.3? Also, is there an untethered jailbreak for the ipod touch 4g running 4.3.3?

not much. takes off that weird location thing that people were freaking out about, new facetime icon, airplay, and apparently (i had no idea) you can delete apps that are downloading

and yes there are untethered jailbreaks for it, redsn0w and pwnagetool. pick your tasty poison

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh goody! >

Any downlOad links would be greatly appreciated.

lol which one?
    pwnagetool or redsn0w? xD

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmmm. Which one is easier? I've only jailbroken once and that was with greenpois0n 4.2.1.

Thanks

There are a bunch of fixes from 4.2.1 to 4.3. The rest are minor: iOS version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I use PwnageTool (Mac only). redsn0w works if you have updated already. All are untethered. Dev-Team Blog

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Where do I get the 4.3.3 firmware for redsn0w?

www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
    it has every ipsw you will ever need in your life. just make sure to pick the right one

Thanks

You can just download through iTunes...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys I just updated my iPod and something weird appeared. Well, before I restored, I had battery percentage enabled because I was jailbroken. Now, I restored and updated to 4.3.3 and I still have battery percentage? Is this part of the 4.3.3 update? I am taking my iPod to Apple tomorrow and if that is not supposed to be there, they won't replace my iPod. What do you guys think?

rofl. i doubt they care that much. but i don't think it's supposed to be there