Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 2G MB Prob

Thanks

Angry iPod Touch 2G MB Prob
    Ok so i got an iphone and my dad gave me back my ipod from a year ago he took because i was grounded. I totaly forgot the password. It disabled. I put into dfu mode and restored to 4.0 and 4.2.1 after it failed with 3194 this was on a computer it did recognize. (Its is an iPod 2G MB it was on 4.0 jail-broken). on verifying restore with apple it gave me 3194 error. Then i plugged it into a computer it recognized it allowed me to put in password tried once locked 1 min. So after 1 min i tried to restore to 4.0. then i tried to restore to 4.2.1 and 4.1 still got 3194 iTunes error

I know this is the wrong section but couldnt find right section to put in this new modmyi is confusing ...

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Open tiny umbrella
    Click on advanced
    Deselect box that says set hosts to cydia on exit
    Click apply and close tiny umbrella
    Proceed with the update/restore

Green Apple
    Thanks
    As far as I know, the 3194 error can happen due to a lot of things-- for me it was a faulty USB cable. So try a different cable and different slots on your computer first. It's also helped other people to restart their computer...see if any of those work.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

3194 is a error associated with itunes not being able to reach Apple's (or Cydia's) server in order to obtain the necessary SHSH to restore/update. You are correct though a number of things can cause this to happen eg: hosts file messed up; no SHSH for the firmware you are trying to restore to; Cydia's server down; something blocking TSS server if using tiny umbrella etc.