Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak application debacle. HELP!!!

Default Jailbreak application debacle. HELP!!!
    ok i wil lmake this as short as i can.

Jailbroke my ipod touch 4g for the first time about 10 days ago. Everything was working great, used Sn0wbreeze to break it.

Installed a program called Categories(gives you the ability to create folders which will hold as many applications as you want in each.), again everything was great till i stupidly/unknowingly told the settings inside the application categories to hide my folders.(Duh...i don't have a clue what i was thinking.)

this morning i saw there was a new version ios 4.3.3 for the ipod touch so i though..ok...we'll install the new ios which will wipe out my jailbreak and once the new ios was installed i would re-jailbreak and start over.

everything went as planned installed new ios jail-broke it again this time using redsn0w just to try and see if there was any great difference between the two.

only when i tried to install a theme things went bad. it seems that during the download of the theme it downloaded winter-board on its own and when the theme and winter-board was done installing my ipod went right back to everything hidden as if i reinstalled the application "categories" which i did not.

why did winterboard do this, does it remember things you've done by saving what you have done to an online database of some sort? and how can i fix this. any help would be most appreciated.

and whats the real difference between sn0wbreez, redsnow, green poison, which is the best or gives the most stuff to play with.

It can save settings. Try going I to to cydia. Then clickthe manage tab at the bottom. Scoll down to the app that hides your other apps. Uninstall that app. That should work. Hopefully.

as i mentioned i have no access to any of my apps they're all in folders created by the application called categories and the folders are hidden. but when i re-jailbroke this second time i did not install the application called categories it seems to be remembered by either cydia or winterboard. my screen is completely blank only the wallpaper is showing nothing else.
    Last edited by Talon_Sr.; 2011-05-10 at 02:31 AM.

Ok. Try ur spotlight search. Search for cydia or anything really. Let me know if that helps. If not I will get u an email address for support