Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 4G Jailbreaking? Help!!!

Question iPod Touch 4G Jailbreaking? Help!!!
    I've jailbroken many ipods in the past successfully, including my iPod Touch 4G 8GB (with sn0wbreeze, greenpois0n, & limera1n); however, I just got an iPod Touch 4G """32GB""" and I just can't simply manage to jailbreak it even though all the programs say they can (sn0wbreeze, greenpois0n, & limera1n). I'm currently running 4.1(8B118) & its an MC----- model. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Other information:
    -I do not receive iTunes errors while restoring or jailbreaking
    -All 3 programs, sn0wbreeze, greenpois0n, & limera1n, run on my pc
    -I've tried running them as administrator
    -I'm pretty sure I get them into DFU mode correctly (icon appears)
    *Greenpois0n*- It puts my ipod into DFU mode, downloads the files from my internet, then dose the whole verbos loading thing; HOWEVER, while it does that I read the words/code what is being written and it says things like: mounting, cheking, OK, filesystem, error, preplace32: didn't find feed004, feed005, feed006.

This is driving me CRAZY PLEASE HELP

I'll try it, but isn't that only for iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 2G?

GREAT! But first I need to download the firmware, so it'll take me about 10 minutes to see if it works.

Hey, Redsn0w keeps on "not responding after the Jailbreak icon shows up on the ipod... Windows then asks me if I want to close the program, ironically I don't have the option to decline.
    Last edited by BrownninjaHero38; 2010-11-20 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Hmmm... Do you have the latest version of itunes installed?

Maybe try another computer to see if it is that causing the issue.

I have the latest version, I don't have another computer though...

Thanks

And you say you just got this right. I hope this is just a computer issue and not first signs that Apple has updated the bootroms of new devices. Go into dfu mode. Right-click on computer and click manage. Go to device manager. Click on universal serial bus Driver and right-click on apple mobile device and select properties. Click on detail then choose device instance Path and see what iboot version it says.

Usb\vid_05ac&pid_1227\cpid:8930_cprv:20_cpfm:03_sc ep:01_bdid:08_ecid:000001917e0c7df6_ibfl:00_srtg:[iboot-574.4]

Thanks

Cool, now we just need to make sure that is the same as everyone else's itouch 4G. I sold mine so not able to check myself. I will do a quicksearch to see if that brings up anything. Hopefully someone else who has a jailbroken itouch 4G can do the same and confirm that it is 574.4 as well.

Cool, now we just need to make sure that is the same as everyone else's itouch 4G. I sold mine so not able to check myself. I will do a quicksearch to see if that brings up anything. Hopefully someone else who has a jailbroken itouch 4G can do the same and confirm that it is 574.4 as well.

Edit: Ok just checked and this is as it should be. So it is probably something on your computer that is causing the issue.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-11-20 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Awesome, thanks by the way. I'll check this post later to see if you've gotten anywhere with your research.

Thanks

Check the part of my last post that I edited. Looks like your ipod touch should be fine to jailbreak so i am thinking it is a issue with your computer.

WOW, I feel like an idiot... I just remembered that yesterday when I got the ipod, I immediately synced all of my stuff (about 6GB)and THEN tried to jailbreak. Now that I restored again but tried to jailbreak before backing up I managed to get greenpois0n to work; I'm running Cydia perfectly now.

P.S. While watching the greenpois0n verbos boot i still noted that it said certain things like preplace32: didn't find feed004.... strange.

Thanks for the time though, lol

Thanks

lol, no prob glad you got it working. I think greenpoison always says something like that when doing its thing.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

BrownninjaHero38 (2010-11-20)

Default i need help
    nothing is working for me .. i tried every jail braking with every program there is and nothing is working please help me i have a ipod touch 4th generation 32gb. i restored it to normal and tried it again but yet it still didn't work .. i still don't know how to get it to work .. please help

Thanks

Only rednsn0w 0.9.6b4 works on 4.2.1 right now, but it will be a tethered jsailbreak. For a untethered jailbreak you will have to downgrade to 4.1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast