Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cannot see what is on ipod screen

Question cannot see what is on ipod screen
    Son was playing with his ipod earlier - on utube I believe! It was workingfine and then he left it for a little while. When he returned he could not see the icons on the screen unless he put ipod under a light - this has never happened before - settings checked and brightness on and set at highest setting - any suggestions gratefully received!

I had the EXACT same problem. Eventually my screen stopped working altogether. I tried the restore and recovery mode restore but neither succeeded. One theory I have is that the backlight overheated because of too many apps or processes running at once. Makes sense but the only problem is that the iPods use flash drives and not disk drives which are much more prone to overheating. One thing u can do is call apple and ask for a replacement. If you bought it within 90 days ago, u can replace it for free. If it is within a year, they might still replace it, but u must make it clear that u did not do anything to cause it to stop working. If it has been more than a year, they will replace it for u for a half price of $99. Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Sad to hear someone else had to suffer it.

Default thanks
    Thanks for that - have managed to get it working again for the time being by restoring it - must tell my son not to have too many apps open at the one time!