Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking my iPod Touch 2g

Default Jailbreaking my iPod Touch 2g
    Hi

I have been looking at jailbreaking my ipod touch 2g running ios 4.1 MB model and i have a few questons.
    i have jailbroken my ipod before but that was on ios 3.1.3 with spirit and its not compatible with 4.1 so what would be the best jailbreak to use?

And i know that ios 4.2 will be released soon and is it worth the wait to upgrade to 4.2 and wait for the jailbreak because of the apparent performance improvemnts for older devices?

Thankyou any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by jake95; 2010-11-12 at 09:13 AM.

i'm having the same problem... please some 1 help... Ive tried limera1n and greenp0ison...and neither of them worked... limera1n said it did it correctly but it never shows up.

You can try redsn0w 0.9.6b1 for windows. Here's the link, redsn0w_win_0.9.6b1.zip. And in cydia there's an app called
    APTbackup which keeps all your cydia files after you upgrade and you can get almost everything back that you had before. You can't keep your ********** apps or downloaded music.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jtf742 For This Useful Post:

brick121 (2010-11-18)

Quote Originally Posted by jtf742 View Post
    You can try redsn0w 0.9.6b1 for windows. Here's the link, redsn0w_win_0.9.6b1.zip. And in cydia there's an app called
    APTbackup which keeps all your cydia files after you upgrade and you can get almost everything back that you had before. You can't keep your ********** apps or downloaded music.
    Hey will redsn0w work with iPod touch 2g mc model? I've tried all jailbreaks but not this one, will this one work on mc model?
    Thankyou very much

Yes it will work with the MC model, but you just can't have a custom boot logo. A window will come up on redsn0w asking you if it is an MC model, so just make sure you press yes.

Use Snowbreeze 2.1, Easiest and the friendliest Custom firmware Jailbreak,
    iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones

Pannie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iPancake For This Useful Post:

brick121 (2010-11-18)

thank you... successfully jailbroke my i pod

Hey i sucessfully jailbroke my ipod with redsn0w. It worked perfectly.