Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading to 4.x Firmware

Default Upgrading to 4.x Firmware
    Is updating to 4.x fw any good? I'm currently at 3.1.2 and I want the features of 4.x like the folders and some other stuffs. I know there's categories in cydia but I like the folders especially with the FolderEnhancer on it. I've read some comments that it's laggy and some apps on cydia are not supported/compatible so I'm not sure to update or not. I need some opinions on that. Any tips/suggestions?

I have an iPod 3.1.2. I don't know also how to upgrade it so I'm trying to gather resources and make sure it's worth it before updating it.

Oh. It's iPod 3G.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Ok, you should be fine then as far as lag is concerned, that really only affects the older devices. Basically all you have to do is update to 4.1 in itunes then you can use limera1n/greenpoison to jailbreak again.

Oh I see. Hmm. What are the advantages on being in 4.1 fw? Aside from the Folders, because that's the only thing I want. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    multitasking and gamecenter.
    Really? There's multitasking on iPod? I thought it's only for iPhone?

Nice. But as I searched a while ago, it seems to be that it's only for 16gb and 32gb iPod's. I have only 8gb so I need to download something on Cydia so I can have the features of iOS4. Hmm.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

So you actually have one of the MC model iPod touch 2G then. In that case no you wouldnt have multitasking and you might experience some lag if you update.

Yea. I think so. So it's better to stay at my current fw then huh?

Yea. Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

You should update and jailbreak it. I have mulitaking and wallpapers on the same device. I love it. I put a guide here long ago, but if u need help through it pm me.

Multitasking is only for iPod touch 3g 32gb or higher though cydia unlocks native multitasking for other idevices

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Multitasking is only for iPod touch 3g 32gb or higher though cydia unlocks native multitasking for other idevices
    I beg to differ. I enabled apple multitasking and wallpapers on mine without backgrounder and winterboard. All it takes is editing one plist. Jailbreak does not magically "unlock" multitasking unless u are baking a custom fw, which this device does not support. Refer to my above post, and look at my guide, as it works flawlessly. Ipt2gMC (8GB)