Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Which one?

Default Which one?
    Which one should I use to jailbreak a iPod Touch 2G PB model on IOS 4.1?

- (removed)
    - greenpois0n
    - redsn0w
    - snowbreeze
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ericwall For This Useful Post:

thewallvideo (2010-11-03)

Thanks

any of the first 3, they all use the same exploit to perform the jailbreak, limera1n or greenpois0n will be the quickest, only use sn0wbreeze if you want to restore the ipod to a custom firmware

Sorry I didn't specify, I mention which one is more stable or which one will give me less errors?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ericwall For This Useful Post:

thewallvideo (2010-11-03)

Like, what you mean errors??? Honestly, I would just go with downgrading to 3.1.3 considering my iPod has been jailbroken for a week and crashes every five minutes and takes another five minutes to boot up
    This was Greenpois0n

Quote Originally Posted by T0X1CAT3D View Post
    Like, what you mean errors??? Honestly, I would just go with downgrading to 3.1.3 considering my iPod has been jailbroken for a week and crashes every five minutes and takes another five minutes to boot up
    This was Greenpois0n
    Wow, I would have restored it by then. Still I do not know which one to use. And btw, that doesn't make me feel any better about greenpois0n.

LOL . . . honestly, I don't think it's the jailbreak, I think it's IOs of 4.0 and all that . . .
    Restoring, I need to resort through all my songs considering how unorganized they are and also,I haven't had time to mess with anything for the iPod, I'm just gonna wait till I get the newest iPod Touch which is expected in two weeks . . .

I just dont want to downgrade. I only have my SHSH saved for IOS 4.0 not 3.x.x

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You shouldn't need SHSH for pre 4.0 firmware for that model iPod 2G, so you could go back to 3.1.3 if you really wanted to.

As for which is better to use, limera1n doesnt work on iPod 2g so you can scratch that one out. I'd say greenpoison or redsn0w would be the best to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You shouldn't need SHSH for pre 4.0 firmware for that model iPod 2G, so you could go back to 3.1.3 if you really wanted to.

As for which is better to use, limera1n doesnt work on iPod 2g so you can scratch that one out. I'd say greenpoison or redsn0w would be the best to go with.
    Ok I removed limera1n...i just don't feel good with how it does the verbose boot thing.

Thanks

I dont think limera1n does that. Greenpoison does though I think.

If I'm not mistakened, they probably both do that . . . reason that the iPod for me takes so long booting up is because of how it does the verboose I believe . . .

Thanks

I have used limera1n quite a few times and have never seen it. I have with greenpoison though.

Quote Originally Posted by T0X1CAT3D View Post
    If I'm not mistakened, they probably both do that . . . reason that the iPod for me takes so long booting up is because of how it does the verboose I believe . . .
    Wonder why......

So the exploit could probably block from registering and making it believe that it's perfect or something like that

Greenpois0n is really good and stable but I don't see what's wrong with the others. It's not really about stability I usually judge by the creators and if its tethered or not. But greenpois0n has been very stable

Stable??? Restarting my iPod every five minutes, it's hard with conversations sometimes I have with friends :/
    I hope that my iPod restarting randomly is the reason for it saving itself

Either your apps are not compatible or restore rejailbreak