Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help Urgently

Exclamation Need Help Urgently
    Hi guys,
    I'm new to this forum and i came here to find help urgently.
    my 8g 2009 MC model ipod touch on firmware 4.0 was jailbroken by jailbreakME.com.
    i was in SBSettings when i went into processes and deleted everything then selected free up memory (I was in safari and accidentally deleted it as well).
    now my ipod is stuck on the screen where there is the cable and the itunes logo.
    i tried plugging it in to itunes and it comes up with an error saying my ipod is protected by a pass code.
    I can also still access SBSettings, i tried to put it in DFU and even a hard reset but no luck.
    Please help me, this means a lot to me.
    thanks

Can you restore? This should be a last resort. I have heard about problems with using the Free Up Memory command in iOS 4.0.

Try holding the power and home buttons until an Apple logo appears (unplug from the computer) this should reboot the device. The spinning wheel will be there for a while, say a couple of minutes, I've had to reboot this way many times after app crashes due to the inferior hardware.

If this doesn't work, you'll need one of the more experienced users here.

If you have any more problems, you need to make it clear that it is a 2G iPod (MC Model). This was rebundled with the 3G iPods but has the same hardware as the MB models from '08, so it is slower that it's 3G counterpart.. The 3Gs are only available in 32GB and 64GB editions.

I don't know why Apple felt the need to do this, but there ya go.
    Last edited by PieLighter; 2010-10-30 at 02:12 PM.
    greenpois0n
    Add me on Game Center! PieLighter

Smile Thanks
    worked.
    though i won't to re-jailbreak it.
    it's now on ios 4.1 how do i do it?
    i know some one who can if it is too complicated for a newbie.
    thanks for all the help.

Get greenpois0n: greenpois0n - Mmmm...pois0n

Make sure you follow the DFU mode instructions EXACTLY. Otherwise, it couldn't be simpler!
    greenpois0n
    Add me on Game Center! PieLighter

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PieLighter For This Useful Post:

Connor_96 (2010-10-30)