Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SB and Task Switcher Freeze

Default SB and Task Switcher Freeze
    Hi, I have an iPod Touch 2g 8GB Mc model and jailbroken with greenpois0n. My current FW is 4.1. My problem is that when ever I use the fast app switcher from the package "Features," my iPod has a processing spike sometimes and I lose all my data because of an auto reboot by the iPod. Any workarounds? And also the reboot screws up the battery percentage giving me a false reading.

The best way to do this would be to open WinSCP, iFunBox or whatever you use on your PC and navigate to System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app and find N72AP.plist. Open with the attached .exe file (unzip first, then drag it onto the .exe), and underneath capabilities, add this code:

<key>multitasking</key>
    <true/>
    <key>homescreen-wallpaper</key>
    <true/>

Then save the file somewhere on your computer and drag it into the above directory. It might ask you if you want to overwrite, and if it does, click Yes or whatever pops up. Save a backup of the original first.

I know that N72AP.plist will exist in this folder because I have the same iPod as you.
    This is essentially what the Features package does (I think), but this is manual and if you do it right, more likely to work rather than just downloading a package from Cydia which could be for the wrong device and/or FW.
    This is what I did for 4.0. I'll do this again once I've updated to 4.1 and pois0ned my iPod, and see if the result is the same.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PieLighter; 2010-10-30 at 01:05 PM.
    greenpois0n
    Add me on Game Center! PieLighter

Quote Originally Posted by PieLighter View Post
    The best way to do this would be to open WinSCP, iFunBox or whatever you use on your PC and navigate to System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app and find N72AP.plist. Open with the attached .exe file (unzip first, then drag it onto the .exe), and underneath capabilities, add this code:

multitasking

homescreen-wallpaper

Then save the file somewhere on your computer and drag it into the above directory. It might ask you if you want to overwrite, and if it does, click Yes or whatever pops up. Save a backup of the original first.

I know that N72AP.plist will exist in this folder because I have the same iPod as you.
    This is essentially what the Features package does (I think), but this is manual and if you do it right, more likely to work rather than just downloading a package from Cydia which could be for the wrong device and/or FW.
    This is what I did for 4.0. I'll do this again once I've updated to 4.1 and pois0ned my iPod, and see if the result is the same.
    There is also the battery percentage. In the more info tab they say in each theme has battery percentage even though it is not stated. What about workarounds for that?

SBSettings has a toggle where you can enable battery percentage. Whether or not it can be themed I don't know.
    greenpois0n
    Add me on Game Center! PieLighter

PieLighter, The Link you sent me for pledit.exe has one bug. On startup of the executable, I get the error message:

CoreFoundation init failed!

Do you have anything else to edit the N72AP.plist file to add the code?

Wait- no need. I can just use notepad.
    Last edited by lolzyeahtech141; 2010-11-11 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How do you downgrade your iPod?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheff1995 View Post
    How do you downgrade your iPod?
    Why did you go to this post to downgrade your iPod when you could of made your own?

Because I have no idea how to

*Facepalm*

Ugh, are you using the computer version or the mobile version?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheff1995 View Post
    Mobile
    Alright, first go to the place you use to get to these forums, and after you get the screen where you can select a thread, look at the upper right corner, there should be an icon that looks like a square with an arrow coming out of it. Tap on it and there should be an option to create a thread. After you create a new thread, type a title and the first message. But I would advise you to go to a different thread that is made for your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lolzyeahtech141 View Post
    Hi, I have an iPod Touch 2g 8GB Mc model and jailbroken with greenpois0n. My current FW is 4.1. My problem is that when ever I use the fast app switcher from the package "Features," my iPod has a processing spike sometimes and I lose all my data because of an auto reboot by the iPod. Any workarounds? And also the reboot screws up the battery percentage giving me a false reading.
    Hello, may I ask Wat program u used to jb ur iPod touch?
    Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Vic11 View Post
    Hello, may I ask Wat program u used to jb ur iPod touch?
    Thanx
    I used greenpois0n to jailbreak. The Chronic Dev Team released an update to support an iPod Touch 2G MC running firmware 4.1

And also, the auto reboot happens periodically, even the codes did not work.