Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 4.1 Crash

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPod Touch 4.1 Crash
    Hey guys, I was hoping that my first post wouldn't be a plea for help, but I suppose that's just the way it goes. If anyone has any insight into how I can fix this, I would be extremely appreciative.

Here's the issue: I had just downloaded the "Reflective Dock" utility, but when the Springboard rebooted, it was in safe mode. I'm guessing (emphasis on the GUESSING) the iPod wasn't happy with the file, but I never got the chance to uninstall it. You see, I had also downloaded "Five Icon Dock", and had placed Cydia as the fifth icon, which then disappeared as Safe Mode forced the last dock position out of existence. I tried reinstalling Cydia to see if I could manage from a new icon, but it didn't remember any of my information. Now, I can't get out of Safe Mode no matter what I do, and I can't get access to the file that I think needs deleting either graphically or through the terminal (which won't open, probably because the device is, surprise, in Safe Mode).

Thanks for reading. I just busted the chains on my iTouch yesterday and am looking forward to seeing what else I can do with it...well, once the damn thing is working again!

Cheers.

when it goes to safe mode all your apps should be on your springboard easy access

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When it went into Safe Mode, most everything that I had downloaded from Cydia disappeared. The games stayed, and Font Swapper, but everything else disappeared.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Can you SSH into your device? If you can, try finding the two apps and deleting them from the Applications folder.

If they dont show up there or you can't SSH in, you'll just have to restore...