Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need an expert

Thanks

Default Need an expert
    I've been trying for quite a while to jailbreak an ipod touch 2g mc model with a broken wifi, i did it with greenpois0n but i'm unable to install cydia since there's no wifi , is it possible to install cydia manually through a command line of something like that.

Thanks

Default is there something wrong with my post or there's just no answer at all????
    im asking cause every post i made (2 or 3) i never had an answer so i feel like im doing something wrong here.

ok so i recap -- in ifunbox my ipod appear as jailbroken, i can go in the raw system files where i shoudn't if it wasn't jailbreak but no way to install cydia since greenpois0n install a loader than download it. Is there someone who was able to do it with redsn0w 0.9.6b1 they say its supporting mc model but i wasn't able to do it, and if it work does it install cydia or a loader like greenpois0n??

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Couldn't you just go somewhere with wifi and install Cydia? I mean, without wifi it's kind of difficult. Even with your access to SSH with iFunBox, you can't get far without installing afc2add in Cydia to access root files. Obviously you can't even get Cydia to install afc2add so your only choice is to get some wifi access. Starbucks has wifi...Barnes and Nobles...Tim Horton's...etc.

There's no other tool to jb it unless it's Redsn0w which doesn't work for some people (like you).

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you are saying your ipod cannot access Wifi even in places where there is Wifi. Is that correct? As to installing Cydia, I notice that ifunbox web site says it can install can install .deb files but "with Cydia". I don't know if that just means the low level routines Cydia uses, or Cydia itself. You would need to have about 6 files starting with "dpkg" in the folder /usr/bin. If those are there you might be able to install Cydia via the following .deb files:

essential_0-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
    cydia_1.0.3222-73_iphoneos-arm.deb

These can be obtained from apt.saurik.com.
    If you have command line access on you ipod you can install these with the dpkg command. See my post on another website:
    [ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11267467&postcount=15]forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11267467&postcount=15[/ame]

Ignore the part about removing cydia.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Even if u got Cydia (which u can if u check my other posts "Whoever...wins...") what good will it do u since u can't get online to download anything? Just curious...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Huh...yeah ^ thats true too, if your device's wifi doesn't work, how are you going to install anything from Cydia?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

The only way I know of u getting cydia apps without wifi is by using Cyder2 for PC. Still, you'd have to be able to shop around on cydia unless you know exactly what apps u want installed.