Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore 3.1.3 to 3.1.3

Default Restore 3.1.3 to 3.1.3
    I bought an iPod Touch 3rd Generation with 3.1.3 installed.
    I wanted to restore it to 3.1.3, but it isn't supported by apple anymore, and I don't want to upgrade to 4.0.1 or 2.
    I don't know if the previous owner shsh'ed it or not and the "make my life easier" button is gone in cydia.

If anyone knows how I can restore my 3.1.3 iPod to 3.1.3 It would help.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can't without SHSHs. Why do you need to restore? If you really need a restore, your only option is to go to 4.1. You can jb 4.1 with limera1n.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Farriel23 (2010-10-30)

I have read that iOS 4.0 and above take random info off of you and sends it to Apple and I don't need that. They already know all about you, why would they need to know every aspect of your life.

I need to know if I can restore mostly. So that incase something does go wrong I will be able to go back to the version I know works for me.

I also read that you can upgrade to 4.0.1 or .2 and then be able to downgrade to 3.1.3. I don't know if it is possible for me or not.

Another thing is how do I check if the previous owner shsh'ed the iPod during the 3.1.3 update time in Cydia? Or how do I check the shsh version in general that is saves in cydia?
    Last edited by MasterEzio; 2010-10-22 at 09:25 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

No offense but that sounds like some paranoia... If Apple took random info it wouldn't be only cuz of iOS 4, I'm sure they had the technology to do so back on 3.1.x too. Your device cannot restore to any firmware besides 4.1 without SHSHs. You can check with TinyUmbrella to see if any were saved.

Well that screws everything up ..... stupid Steve Unemployed -.-
    Oh well guess this will have to do.

Another thing though, I read that basically iOS 4.0 and above is designed for iPod Touch 4th Gen and iPhone 4.

If someone can show me that iOS 4.0 and higher is better I'll switch, other than that I'm going to stick with what I know.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I imagine it would slow the iPod down a little. If youre happy where you are, you should stay. If there's something wrong, upgrading won't hurt if you disable the native wallpaper and multitasking.

Tiny umbrella only shows the shsh saved on the local computer not in cydia.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

TinyUmbrella pulls the SHSHs from your device from Saurik's server. So if it shows in TinyUmbrella, it's in Cydia.