Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod touch2gMC Greenpois0n doesnt work

Default Ipod touch2gMC Greenpois0n doesnt work
    As the title states, greenpois0n does not work with my ipod touch second gen. MC model running iOS 4.1 windows 7 home premium x64. when i click on greenpois0n.exe two DOS windows open saying "ERROR: ituneshelper.exe not found" and the second "ERROR: itunes.exe not found" i have both itunes helper.exe and itunes (the newest version) redsn0w always gets stuck on the wait for reboot screen, and greenpoison always says jailbreak failed quit to try again. i have waited a LONG time to jailbreak, and when it comes out i cant use it can somebody help? i did everything i could !! i placed greenpois0n inside the itunes folder
    9the location of itunes.exe and ituneshelper.exe) i did some research and apparently without itunes helper , my ipod cannot be discovered. does anyone know what to do ?????? please help !

Try Reinstalling iTunes, then make sure your firewall is off or at least has made an exception.
    Also, move greenpois0n out of your iTunes folder...it doesn't need to be there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobkablam For This Useful Post:

Kingjo131 (2010-10-22)

thanks, but i found the problem, i did more research and i found out that my "library.itl" was locked, so i made all itunes folders not read only and it works now, i am officially jailbroken ^_^ im gonna press thanks (to you) anyway tho

Default Help
    I am having the same trouble. Please tell me how to unlock the library.itl

what OS are you running ? on your computer ?
    Last edited by Kingjo131; 2010-10-24 at 01:19 AM.

vista by the looks of it. just right click on the folder, hit properties and uncheck read-only. that's the steps for XP, it should be similar for vista.
    greenpois0n
    Add me on Game Center! PieLighter