Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod touch software malfuctioning

Default ipod touch software malfuctioning
    Ok so my ipod touch has suddenly froze up one day so i reset it but then it gets stuck on the connect to itunes and the worst part is it isn't recognized by my windows so i can't fix it through itunes please help

and p.s.

Ipodtouch 2ndgen firmeware4.0 jailbroken itunes10 windows7ultimate

My iPod did the same thing but mines was jailbroke and I had to update it . But try to put it in DFU mode if that doesn't work try update iTunes and it that doesn't work uinstall then reinstall iTunes

yeah that didnt work i already have itunes 10 its the fact that its not recognized by windows and when it does connect it says its an unknown device

Quote Originally Posted by Big E smalls View Post
    yeah that didnt work i already have itunes 10 its the fact that its not recognized by windows and when it does connect it says its an unknown device
    You probably need to leave it plugged in for like 2 mom for your computer to download the software for it in the background to recognize the iPod

It is possible that after solving that, your ipod might not give iTunes properly. so for that you have to take care of other software and you have to take help from jailbreak. It is not harmful to your ipod.

ok i fixed the problem by using a flat head to mess with the usb port at the bottom of my ipod an apparently it worked but now i have another problem half of my ipod isnt touch sensitive anymore like the upper half of it works and the lower half dosent so i cant slide to unlock and i cant put my passcode in so i can't connect to itunes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Hardware failure. It's toast.