Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod touch 3g JB not working

Default ipod touch 3g JB not working
    specs:
    *ipod touch 3g v4.1
    *running winxp
    *itunes 10.1

i've tried limera1n and greenpoison and neither worked. both have forced me to factory restore after sending me to recovery mode. would trying it on the previous version of itunes work? any assistance would be appreciated. i also lost apps that i paid for. how do i get those back?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbird79 View Post
    specs:
    *ipod touch 3g v4.1
    *running winxp
    *itunes 10.1

i've tried limera1n and greenpoison and neither worked. both have forced me to factory restore after sending me to recovery mode. would trying it on the previous version of itunes work? any assistance would be appreciated. i also lost apps that i paid for. how do i get those back?
    Jailbreak iPod touch 3G iOS 4.1 / iPod touch 2G MC Model iOS 4.1 with Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 | Redmond Pie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapensal For This Useful Post:

snowbird79 (2010-10-17)

Default How Many Times did you try it?
    I jailbroke my iPod Touch 4gen using Limera1n the first time, but my iPhone 4 it took some where around 4-6 times running Limera1n before it worked. Hope this helps
    Last edited by ill_graphics; 2010-10-14 at 11:14 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ill_graphics For This Useful Post:

snowbird79 (2010-10-17)

@zapensal:
    There is no link for the snowbreeze download.

@ill graphics:
    i tried 6+ times with both. limera1n said it was jb but it sent me back to the main screen and greenpoison forced me to factory restore each time.
    Last edited by snowbird79; 2010-10-16 at 12:49 AM.

final analysis: ipod 3g mc model will not jb. as a result i'm stuck with the factory settings and whatever apps i repurchased. hopefully something new comes down the pipe that will work consistently with all ipod models. thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird79 View Post
    final analysis: ipod 3g mc model will not jb. as a result i'm stuck with the factory settings and whatever apps i repurchased. hopefully something new comes down the pipe that will work consistently with all ipod models. thanks.
    There is no such thing as a 3g MC. There is a 2g MC. You can verify what you have at this website:

Which iPod Touch do i have ? Find Out | jailbreakmatrix.com

You can jailbreak 2g MC on 4.1 with redsn0w but it will be tethered. You would have to roll back to 4.0 or 3.1.3 for an untethered jailbreak. See the discussion here:

Jailbreak iOS 4.1 with Redsn0w 0.9.6 on iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G [Guide] | Redmond Pie

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lanulos For This Useful Post:

snowbird79 (2010-10-18)

@lanulos:
    differing opinions on 2g vs 3g either way redsnow didn't work but the updated greenpoison did. thanks anyways.