Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jail break ipod touch 2g MC... help please

Default Jail break ipod touch 2g MC... help please
    Hey guys i have been trying to jailbreak my my ipod touch 2g MC model for about 2 weeks now and i have tried everything. i have tried: The newest greenpois0n,l1merain,spirit,blackra1n,sn0breeze,Ir eb(offline mode)and redsn0w. I have done everything that they told me to do correctly(ive tried each one dozens of times) with the correct firmware it asks for and have gotten no where.

Redsnow dosnt work; it gets stuck at "waiting for reboot"

l1me rain dosnt work ( it says it does but really just restarts my ipod)

the Newest greenpoison dosnt work it wont recogize its in DFU mode( even though redsnow did)

spirit just didnt work same with black rain

Ireb almost did so i could downgrade but got stuck some where i think "waiting for ibss or somthin like that but then worked but itunes wouldnt let me do it for some wierd reason.

Snow breeze dosnt work either just sits at waiting for ibss or w/e it is.

SO i belive that the makers of some of these programs are idiots since they state the my device will work for thier program(redsnow) but thier idiots.

I have looked everywhere and it is seeming more gloomy that no body gives a f**k( dont know if u can swear in these forums) about the bloody MC model.

If anyone can help me that would be amazing

once again i have a

Ipod touch 2g 8gig MC model

im using Windows Xp but have acess to Windows 7 and the newest crappy mac OS

btw please dont post a let me Google that for you link cuz i swear to god if u do ill rain terror upon your goldfish
    Last edited by cain9696; 2010-10-13 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

First off you are the idiot! Who the he'll would help you when you come in insulting people! Secondly you should educate yourself about jb'ing and read about the various jb programs and what devices they support before using them!
    Thirdly if you did some reading and searching you would find that the problem you are having has been posted already (with no real help/answers) I'm afraid.

You do have a vaild point but your manners and delivery suck *** and makes you the only idiot standing.

Wink Really?!
    Honestly if you reread my post again I never directly insulted anyone... I only stated that I have seen no help for the MC model and it frustrates me. Where do you get off saying i'm an idiot. I was saying that every method I tried never worked even when I followed it by the book.

I do know that most of the programs I used weren't compatible but I tried anyways because i felt like I had no other option(besides that didn't take long to try it)

AND I was really insulting Redsn0w. I don't understand why someone would make a program and say what that it works for a particular device but doesn't. AND A LOT of people have had the same crappy "waiting for reboot" error in Redsn0w. Even though some people have said how to get around it I haven't seen that work or have seen anyone else say that it works.

Lastly if you really wanted to help me out instead of leaving me a useless post and a waste of my time writing this message with you falsely accusing that I haven't read these forums thoroughly.

leave a link.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

limera1n doesnt support ipod 2g. ive personally tried doing this with redsn0w and it stays stuck on reboot. people have found that when you unplug the ipod and then plug it back it when redsn0w says waiting for reboot, it fixes the problem. its hit or miss for a lot of people, including myself. jailbreakme.com doesnt work with 4.0.2 or 4.1.

if you have shsh blobs saved for 4.0 or 4.0.1 you can downgrade to that and then use jailbreakme.com or you can wait until greenpois0n add support for ipod 2g.
    DROID does... iPhone does it harder, better, faster, stronger

ya i realize that dosn't support ipod touch 2g. I havnt jailbroken my device before so i dont have the shsh blobs. Also i have tried unplugging and re plugging it a few dozen times and nothing happens its always stuck at waiting for reboot

bump
    Last edited by cain9696; 2010-10-14 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm waitin for greenpois0n to add support.
    DROID does... iPhone does it harder, better, faster, stronger

7. The Following User Says Thank You to heyyyitsjordan For This Useful Post:

cain9696 (2010-10-14)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cain9696 View Post
    SO i belive that the makers of some of these programs are idiots since they state the my device will work for thier program(redsnow) but thier idiots.

Pretty Clear that you did indeed call the makers of the programs idiots!

Honestly if you reread my post again I never directly insulted anyone...
    Maybe you should re-read your post again!

I was saying that every method I tried never worked even when I followed it by the book.
    No actually you did not, or you would not have tried programs that are not compatible with your device. "the book" never said try these on your iPod touch g2 mc even if said its not for your device...

I do know that most of the programs I used weren't compatible but I tried anyways because i felt like I had no other option(besides that didn't take long to try it)
    Option 1. Stop until you know what you are doing
    Option 2. Read and learn
    Option 3. Ask direct questions (only use constructive criticism)"which we'll talk about in the thread I posted you so ignorantly wrote in"

AND I was really insulting Redsn0w. I don't understand why someone would make a program and say what that it works for a particular device but doesn't. AND A LOT of people have had the same crappy "waiting for reboot" error in Redsn0w. Even though some people have said how to get around it I haven't seen that work or have seen anyone else say that it works.
    TOTALLY AGREE!

Lastly if you really wanted to help me out instead of leaving me a useless post and a waste of my time writing this message with you falsely accusing that I haven't read these forums thoroughly.
    Who ever said I wanted to help? I don't give a flying F#@K about you.

leave a link.....
    Ok: The Zeitgeist Movement

honestly why would you even make a post in another persons forum if your not going to help. I believe that that it the entire point of these forums dumba**.

But i still believe that some of the jailbreak programmers are idiots i am a learning programmer and i would never put out a crappy program to do the purpose it has and completely not work. If my program didn't work i would of taken it down right away and either:fixed the problem or just put it on the shelf for later.

For the " i did everything by the book" thing i meant that i followed every guide whether it be the JB programmers how to guide, or youtube. None of that worked so i tried things that wouldn't necessarily work.

Besides that the internet dosn't have enough room for people who think they are right when they never were in the first place

Ya I hope they will. Sounds like the only option at this point is to just wait some more....woooo lol.
    Last edited by cain9696; 2010-10-14 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

honestly why would you even make a post in another persons forum if your not going to help. I believe that that it the entire point of these forums dumba**.
    I am helping dumbass! Your just being to ignorant to see it.

But i still believe that some of the jailbreak programmers are idiots i am a learning programmer and i would never put out a crappy program to do the purpose it has and completely not work. If my program didn't work i would of taken it down right away and either:fixed the problem or just put it on the shelf for later.
    That's your opinion and your entitled to it, but if your going to be derogatory about it you should keep it to yourself. And not call people idiots and then expect to get the issues solved.

For the " i did everything by the book" thing i meant that i followed every guide whether it be the JB programmers how to guide, or youtube. None of that worked so i tried things that wouldn't necessarily work.
    Ok, then say what you mean. take your time and make thought out statements, maybe fix your grammar and spelling some.

Besides that the internet dosn't have enough room for people who think they are right when they never were in the first place
    This just makes me shake my head: its better to be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Ok I'm tired of our petty differences.

The one time i didn't really focus on spelling and grammar you use that in your argument against me to further your example of me being and idiot and your being a "Professor troll: a ""troll"" or person who acts helpful but uses their spelling/grammar errors to further their points strength".

Anyways lets just agree on this ( which I believe you stated before ) which I think we both can agree on.

I don't think a Jb program developer should state that his program works for a specific device but ultimately doesn't.

Can we agree on that and shake hands??

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok I'm tired of our petty differences.
    You mean you can't admit when your in the wrong...

The one time i didn't really focus on spelling and grammar you use that in your argument against me to further your example of me being and idiot and your being a "Professor troll: a ""troll"" or person who acts helpful but uses their spelling/grammar errors to further their points strength".
    Dude; don't make up your own [email protected] sh!t, ok? like seriously. When a person complains of being misread and understood and uses terrible punctuation/spelling. those of us that "help" kinda need to know what the hell your trying to say.

You make lame attacks at others when they point out your faults, don't ya... Grow up already, Geesh!

Anyways lets just agree on this ( which I believe you stated before ) which I think we both can agree on.

I don't think a Jb program developer should state that his program works for a specific device but ultimately doesn't.

Can we agree on that and shake hands??
    How many times do we need to repeat the same thing?

Now I need to go walk the dog and then head to the local coffee shop for my morning Java. Let me know when they have a working JB for the ipt2gmc/4.1 ok.

Hey everyone

I have a same problem with cain9696

I have ipodtouch 2g 8gb mc model

I used all programs

And I tried redsn0w!!!!!!
    It says waiting for reboot an it got stuck

It doesn't work I tried so many times!!!!!!

Please anyone help me!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!

iPOD TOUCH 2G MC 4.1 JAILBREAK (KINDA ITS A DOWNGRADE BUT YOU GET YOUR JB)

1.Updated iPod to iOS4.1

2.Downloaded iREB-4.0.x-4.1.exe and iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw,
    iPod2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw

3.Start iREB, choose offline method

4.choose the firmware 3.1.2

5.Now you can see a picture of snowflake on your iPOD

6.Start iTunes, shift+restore, choose iPod2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw

(Between step 6 and 7 itunes would not recognize my ipod and i had to use Recboot to get it out of recovery, but after that it should pop right on.)

7.Now your iPod is downgraded

8.go to jailbreakme.com follow the instructions

9.Cydia is installed

Hi thanks
    I already did with the 4.0 it doesn't work

But what I didnt understand is that what is ireb

I mean ireb.exe and where do I download it

Thanks

google sn0wbreez (and just download ireb not snowbreez itself)its the first result. i'm not sure about putting links in this thread. and i promise you if you follow my instructions it'll work but happy to answer questions

It says only for mb model mine is mc model so shall I download it I downloaded the others

you gotta trust me just follow the list. mine is a mc model also and it works.
    If you have a mb you could use online mode but because of your mc model you have to use 3.1.2 mode thats why you have to download that firmware also. once you pointed ireb to the 3.1.2 firmware your touch will show a snowflake and say that it is ready for custom firmware. then just use itunes to shift+restore and pick the stock 4.0 and it will succeed and then you are good for jailbreakme.com
    Last edited by bear52885; 2010-10-17 at 03:25 AM.

Thanks does it work with xp

i would imagine so, i running 7 though but don't see why not. let me know when you get it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast