Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A fix for iPod 3G for Limera1n on 4.1 (Maybe 4G too)

Default A fix for iPod 3G for Limera1n on 4.1 (Maybe 4G too)
    If you can't install Cydia for any reason or it isn't showing up on your homescreen, open limera1n on your homescreen, then press the home button. You should be on your homescreen. Then double tap the home button, tap 'limera1n" in the multitask menu. Click to install Cydia again and it should install + resping.

I restored three times to make sure it worked. Happy Jailbreaking!

Edit: Thought I should post that I used Limera1n BETA4.
    Last edited by Lith; 2010-10-10 at 09:15 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i had to use limera1n many times just to get the icon lol but after the icon it was smooth sailing. im starting to think limera1n is dependent on the new itunes as that was when it worked.

Ah, I had the icon but Cydia didn't want to install to the homescreen for some reason. That method above worked for me.

every time I try limera1n i don't get the logo and nothing on my ipod has changed. ive looked around and haven't found a fix is there anything you can think of to help me?
    btw im a noob

Reboot your phone (hard reboot sleep n home button till it restarts) to get limera1n on homesreen

no that hasnt worked could it be because my ipod is an mc model?

I have an MC model. Maybe restore to a new firmware and try again.

when i try to update firmware itunes is saying most up to date.
    how can i change the firmware?

I also have had no luck with the jailbreak on my iPod touch 3G 64GB on 4.1. It runs and I get the logo but when I turn it on it does not have the limera1n app so I can install cydia.