Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I Jailbreak Ipod Touch 2G MB Model ipsw 4.1

Exclamation How do I Jailbreak Ipod Touch 2G MB Model ipsw 4.1
    Hello,

I am quite new at this.
    I have an MB model iPod Touch 2G running 4.1 ipsw.
    I have made several attempt to jailbreak it using sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 and iREB but I always end up with the error that this iPod cannot be restored. I am sure I followed all the instructions to the letter, including putting the device in DFU mode.

What else can I do

Thanks

I found a solution on another web site.
    Anybody who has a similar problem to mine should do the following:
    re-run sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 recreating hte custom IPSW file. when you get to the screen that asks if you're currently jailbroken choose No/Not Sure (i found when i chose yes i got the error 40 during restore). it'll then take you to sn0wbreeze's built in DFU helper. follow the instructions and it'll run a builtin version of iREB. when you get to the part where your USB isnt recognized and it isnt doing anything (ipod will have a white screen), just unplug the usb and replug it in, it will then continue to do the iREB installation and eventually you'll see the ready for custom firmware logo on ur ipod. now with itunes open you'll get the "ipod in restore mode" message a few times, click ok. then press shift and click restore and choose the new IPSW. it'll work.
    Last edited by Austino; 2010-10-06 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Needed to make some corrections

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Austino For This Useful Post:

2.Die.4 (2010-10-14)

Default How to jailbreak iPod touch 2G running iOS 4.1 using RedSn0w (Windows)
    Here is a guide i found when i googled, try this if you are on 4.1.0 on iPod touch 2G.

How to jailbreak iPod touch 2G running iOS 4.1 using RedSn0w (Windows)
    Don't worry as it works for me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to techinsider For This Useful Post:

Austino (2010-10-09)

Thanks. But I have already jailbroken it using sn0wbreeze as I explained in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by techinsider View Post
    Here is a guide i found when i googled, try this if you are on 4.1.0 on iPod touch 2G.

How to jailbreak iPod touch 2G running iOS 4.1 using RedSn0w (Windows)
    Don't worry as it works for me
    everytime i try that it hangs at the waiting for boot part, any recomendations?

Try shaking your device,i once read that on dev team blog i guess

Quote Originally Posted by techinsider View Post
    Try shaking your device,i once read that on dev team blog i guess
    I don't see how shaking it is going to do anything

@crazyray79 Shaking does not means moving your device to and fro, but it means to try removing the data cable and inserting it again!

try using LimeRa1n

NB: Redsn0w 0.9.6b3 does not jailbreak 2G MC models but does 2G MB models. Just thought I would tell you that.

But I would suggest greenpois0n, by far the best and easiest 4.1 jailbreaking tool out there.