Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod touch won't turn off

Default ipod touch won't turn off
    i've upgraded to 4.1 today on my ipod touch 2nd gen, non MC and jailbroke it with redsnow. everything was fine until i discovered that the cydia icon is blank, and when i open it, it gives me a methods have unexpectedly died error. also my idevice won't turn off!!! when i do turn it off, it just goes back to the homescreen. i've tried restoring it via itunes, it gives me a 1602 error.

That's not good... I believe redsn0w doesn't jailbreak 4.1. try a force shutdown by holding the home and power buttons together for a few seconds.

that just restarts my ipod. i followed the 4.1 guide on redmondpie to jailbreak my device.

Link me.

I wouldn't even bother with that.. it's the beta. You cant enter DFU mode?

redmond is screwy. yes it will jailbreak it, but there will be bugs, in your case serious. there will be an update to redsn0w soon. just restore to a virgin 4.1.

since it can't be turn off, so no. i'm letting the battery die now so hopefully that will turn it off, but then what?

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    redmond is screwy. yes it will jailbreak it, but there will be bugs, in your case serious. there will be an update to redsn0w soon. just restore to a virgin 4.1.
    restoring it to 4.1 gives me error.
    Last edited by cheakyhines; 2010-09-17 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Damn that sucks..

put it in DFU mode and then just click the restore button.

He can't shut it off..

that doesn't affect DFU mode.

Trueeee

i fixed it. enter dfu mode after the restarting beings.

Cool. /topic.

HELP i have the SAME problem.
    I did jailbreak for my itouch 4.1 but i used 4.0 firmware file.
    Now it wont turn it off and goes back to the lock screen.

WHAT EXACTLY DO I DO PLEASE HELP!