Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JAILBROKEN! now what?? (NOOB!!)

Default JAILBROKEN! now what?? (NOOB!!)
    Okay, so my brother just jailbroke my iPod last night by downgrading to 4.0 then just going to jailbreak me and getting Cydia. He also gave me ********** to get apps. I was just wondering, what other cool things are there to do once its jailbroken? Sorry, i know, noob question!!

First off, welcome to MMi! At MMi, we dont discuss anything dealing with cracked apps, hence the *** through that application you mentioned. All I would really suggest is check out Cydia, and just browse through the tons of things you could download. I keep my phone pretty simple with jailbreaking by only installing tweak type of applications, but its your call. I'd recommend checking out SBSettings. IMO, that might be the most useful jailbreak app out there. I'm sure more people will give you suggestions. Enjoy the site!

Awesome! thanks for the tips!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Winterboard, ifile, lockinfo to name a few

I think the best thing to do is to dress up your iPod by installing an theme. You will need to dl ssh in Cydia for this and an ssh program on your pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
    I think the best thing to do is to dress up your iPod by installing an theme. You will need to dl ssh in Cydia for this and an ssh program on your pc.
    Oh yeah, always one of the first things you should do is setup SSH connection between your computer and your iTouch with your wifi network. Install OpenSSH on your iTouch, find an SSH client for your computer, Mac/Windows. Id then change your root password so your iTouch cant be hacked. SSH comes in handy if you ever lets say install an app and when you restart your iTouch, it gets stuck at the Apple logo, most likely, it'll be connected to your wifi network already and you can delete the app through SSH. Its a life saver...

remove that ********* app. one, it's illegal. two, you're making it so that devs aren't getting paid for their hard work.

If I like the app, I will buy it.

that's what everyone says. it's a bunch of bull ****.

deal with it

I suggest going to Google and searching top 10 Cydia Apps.

Quote Originally Posted by tw15egan View Post
    deal with it
    I guess you'll just have to deal with not getting help from us.

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    I guess you'll just have to deal with not getting help from us.
    Indeed, some of us are devs and enjoy getting paid for our hard work!