Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit 3.1.3 Jailbroken to 4.0.2?

Default Spirit 3.1.3 Jailbroken to 4.0.2?
    Hello,

Having posted a couple times before about this situation I still feel like I haven't been given a definate answer. My situation is that I am currently running on 3G iPod Touch 32GB 3.1.3 jailbroken with Spirit. Now I am finding that 3.1.3 is starting to get outdated, such as somme new apps on the appstore are 4.0+ only Also I want the multitasking and wallpapers So I want to go from 3.1.3 spirit jailbroken to 4.0.x unjailbroken (Jailbreaking was sort of fun just not for me :P )
    Things to add I have iTunes version 9.0.2.25 as Spirit wasn't compatible with 9.2+ when I jailbroke, If that's a problem please tell me and add a solution if your can thankyou
    Lastly can you give me step by step guide on what to do with my iPod from Connecting to iTunes to Restoring and to restore from backup or Make new and everyhting like that. To make sure I'm clear of my jailbreak and I'm completely unjailbroken no traces or as little as possible

Thankyou BlazingRift
    Last edited by Blazingrift; 2010-09-04 at 08:35 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

Gee, this is like deja vu all over again, to quote Yogi Berra.

As I and others told you before, just connect to iTunes, do a sync, and when that's done, click the Update button, and you will be updated to 4.0.2 unjailbroken (or maybe 4.1. I thought 4.1 was out but my iTunes still says 4.0.2). All your App Store and iTunes stuff will still be there, and all the Cydia stuff will be gone.

Someone else back me up here, or this guy will still be asking the same question again three weeks from now, by which time who knows what iOS version will be current.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lanulos is 100% right here. LISTEN TO HIM!!! When/if i decide to upgrade to 4.0.X/4.whatever, this is the only method I would ever consider using: for the plain and simple fact that IT IS THE EASIEST!!!!!

Ok but will my iTunes be a problem? Version 9.0.2.25. ?
    If so can I update my iPod then my iTunes ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!! PLUG IT IN. SYNC. CLICK ON THE BUTTON THAT SAYS "CHECK FOR NEW SOFTWARE UPDATES" OR WHATEVER. DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL 4.X.X (the latest one!). ONE UN-JAILBROKEN, UP-TO-DATE iPOD.

Now you can mess around and update iTunes however you want.
    Please, just don't ask how to do this again!

Ok thanks but im just wondering will i have to update my itunes to the latest version before or after updating my ipod to latest FM because 4.0 only works with 9.2 + am I right? Anyway im on 9.0.2.25 so im just asking can I update my iPod then update my itunes?

Please answer my question above!

Also when updating from 3.1.3 will I lose all my normal music, apps i have purchased on my ipod ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

Update all your apps in App Store, then sync in iTunes on your computer. All our music and apps will then be backed up in iTunes on your computer, so you can't lose them, even if you dropped your ipod in the toilet. When you click Update, iTunes will tell you if you need to update iTunes first. Just follow its directions. After you upgrade to iOS 4.x all your music and apps will still be on your iPod, except any apps which are not compatible with 4.x, which should be very few. This will be my last communication on the subject.

I know this thanks but updating to latest iTunes on my 3.1.3 mc 3g ipt spirited can break my iPod ?

*face palm* listen, like they have already told you if your ipod is not jailbroken right now and its on a clean 3.1.3 you have nothing to worry about! update the dang thing!

It is jailbroken as I mention around 3x -_-