Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [help] my ipod is bricked

Default [help] my ipod is bricked
    Hi, this morning, I upgraded my Lockdown from Cydia.
    After it finished downloading, the springboard restarted, and when i unlocked my ipod (password) nothing would open without freezing
    I cant restore my ipod at all, even if i put it into DFU mode. I continuely get error 3194. Is my ipod bricked? i really could use a fix for this :/ if anybody knows of one it would be greatly appreciated. It is a iPod touch 3G, 3.1.3 jailbroken with Spirit.
    EDIT: I think what may have caused it is Categories. It might be that when it updated that categories freaked out and got corrupted when a program changed. I've left it on, while it is frozen and I do see the wheel spin, and then it freezes, and then another wheel spins on top of it, and freezes, then the iPod reboots, and the process starts over again. Ive tried restoring it many times, updating it, using programs like sn0wbreeze, and redsn0w, and no luck. If anybody has any glimmer of hope for me please let me know.
    Last edited by blessthefallen; 2010-08-31 at 05:50 AM.

Hello Just to ask when you tried to DFU mode restore what did you try restoring too?

I tried restoring to 3.1.3 (the one that its at) and 4.0 (to see if it would work). Neither one got past the verify with apple, and i got error 3194 each time.