Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.0 - 4.0.1 upgrade?

Default 4.0 - 4.0.1 upgrade?
    I have an ipod touch 3g with 3.1.3 on it. It was upgraded to 4.0.2 due to my stupid friend just clicking yes to things on my computer. I downgraded back to 3.1.3.. however, I kinda of liked 4.0 - Is there a way I can get 4.0 (which I tried but it wouldn't install.. kept saying there was an error - Ive read up and its because the firmware is unsigned?) or 4.0.1 on my ipod so that I can jailbreak it and have 4.0? I looked everywhere for a 4.0.1 firmware, but could only find the iPhone, and not the ipod touch version. Places I read said it's available for the ipod touch, but.. yeah.. couldn't find it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

been trying to find 4.0.1 as well. Im stuck at 4.0 and jailbreakme.com won't work for it for some reason, and i can't downgrade cause i dont have shsh files lol.

So i wanted to try 4.0.1 to see if jailbreakme works. So if anyone could tell us where to find 4.0.1 it would be so much appreciated

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 4.0.1 is only intended for the iPhone
    4.0.1 was issued to address the "Antennagate" reception issue on the iPhone. I don't think it has any iPod enhancements and may not even be possible to install.

Thanks

Yea just get 4.0 and update to that u should be ok

You cant update to 4.0.1 unless you have got a iphone