Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: New iPod Touch 3g with 4.0.2

  1. #1
    Default New iPod Touch 3g with 4.0.2
    I have a used iPod Touch 3g that was updated to 4.0.2 is there anyway I can wipe the device or go into dfu mode to get back to 4.0 or am I completely F'd? I am really pissed that I'm in this predicament with my new device.
    Last edited by zeroxskater; 2010-08-27 at 10:33 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to zeroxskater For This Useful Post:

    Bluepyro (2010-08-29)

  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroxskater View Post
    I have a used iPod Touch 3g that was updated to 4.0.2 is there anyway I can wipe the device or go into dfu mode to get back to 4.0 or am I completely F'd? I am really pissed that I'm in this predicament with my new device.
    these are points to downgrade

    1. Download the firmware file to which you want to downgrade your iPod Touch to, that is, if you want to downgrade iPod Touch 2G/3G 4.0.2 to iOS 4, then download iOS 4 firmware.

    2. The second thing to do is to edit the Hosts file.
    In Windows

    Open Notepad with administrator privileges. Right click in its icon and choose Open as Administrator .

    Navigate to C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc in Notepad and open the Hosts file.

    Add 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com at the end of the file and save the file.
    In Mac OS X

    Navigate to Go->Go to Folder and enter /etc .

    Using TextEdit, open up the Hosts file.

    Add 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com at the and of the document, choose Save As, uncheck If no extension is provide, use .txt and save the file on the desktop.

    Replace the original Hosts file with the new one.

    3. Now connect your iPod Touch to the computer.

    4. Select your iPod Touch 2G/3G in iTunes.

    5. Now enter into recovery mode by pressing the power and home buttons for 10 seconds and then release the power button but keep holding the home button until iTunes recognize your device in recovery mode.

    6. Now hold the Shift Key in Windows or the Option Key in Mac OS X and click on the Restore button.

    7. Browse to the required iOS 4 or 3.1.3 firmware file and select it to downgrade your iPod Touch firmware to that.

    8. Now exit recovery mode ( For this, you could use a software called Recboot ) and reboot your iPod Touch.
    , where iphone giving really tough time to other smart phone companies to make smart phone with smart features ,where apple have lot of collection with point
    of iphone apps
    , which offers some free paying apps .and people are really fan of apple iphone apps .
    Although now ios 8 has been released but ppl still want to know about ios 7 iphone 4 and its features .

  4. #3
    I'm not sure if my iPod had been jailbroken before I bought it, does this work if it hasn't?

    EDIT

    So after a lot of time invested, I downgraded my iPod to 4.0 I don't believe the previous owner jailbroke their iPod and saved their shsh and I still managed to downgrade.

    First I did a clean restore of 4.0.2
    Then I found this program (for windows) Download DEVICE+DOWNGRADER.exe from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    To use this program you will need the 4.0.2 firmware for your device and the 4.0 firmware as well. On the program put the location of the 4.0.2 firmware in the first text box and put the 4.0 location in the second. (ex: E:/iPod3,1_4.0.2_8A400_Restore.ipsw)
    After that I was able to enter DFU mode and restore back to 4.0

    Somebody that is stuck at 4.0.2 please try this and tell me if it worked for you too

    EDIT

    Ok I confirmed that this iPod had not been jailbroken before and I have done a successful downgrade from 4.0.2 on my iPod Touch 3G!
    Last edited by zeroxskater; 2010-08-28 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroxskater View Post
    I'm not sure if my iPod had been jailbroken before I bought it, does this work if it hasn't?

    EDIT

    So after a lot of time invested, I downgraded my iPod to 4.0 I don't believe the previous owner jailbroke their iPod and saved their shsh and I still managed to downgrade.

    First I did a clean restore of 4.0.2
    Then I found this program (for windows) Download DEVICE+DOWNGRADER.exe from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    To use this program you will need the 4.0.2 firmware for your device and the 4.0 firmware as well. On the program put the location of the 4.0.2 firmware in the first text box and put the 4.0 location in the second. (ex: E:/iPod3,1_4.0.2_8A400_Restore.ipsw)
    After that I was able to enter DFU mode and restore back to 4.0

    Somebody that is stuck at 4.0.2 please try this and tell me if it worked for you too

    EDIT

    Ok I confirmed that this iPod had not been jailbroken before and I have done a successful downgrade from 4.0.2 on my iPod Touch 3G!
    Some random 20kb .exe file that makes downgrades without SHSHs? Sounds legit.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  6. #5
    can anyone confirm this works?

    cause it kind of sounds like a virus (not trying to bash)

  7. #6
    alright i just downloaded the file, No virus, Cannot say if it works or not (ipods getting fixed) , seems pretty simple (no wonder its 20kb)

    But mcafee detected no virus so give it a try

  8. #7
    hey guys i dont think this is a virus (i didnt make it) but it ran fine on my xp netbook and it shows no signs of a virus now so you should be fine. i really dont know the story behind the program i found it on a youtube video and it was talking about an older firmware (3.1.3?) and i figures what the heck it may work for me as well, and now i have a 4.0 jb ipod. i confirmed with the seller that it was never jailbroken before too.

    EDIT

    also the video said it gave the device a default shsh allowing it to be restored after the program was ran.
    Last edited by zeroxskater; 2010-09-07 at 05:42 PM.

  9. #8
    and what program would that be?

    The one mentioned above?

    EDIT: NVM, figured it out
    Last edited by spazmaster; 2010-09-07 at 05:56 PM.

  10. #9
    DJHamel
    Guest
    I just tried this, didn't work... I put in the address of my current firmware, on my D Drive... and the Firmware I wanted it to go to.. Also on my D Drive.. I click start downgrade, and the program just sits there... NOTHING...

  11. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Umm, it's definitely a virus/malware/trojan/whatever. I thought that was pretty clear, hence my previous post.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeroxskater View Post
    also the video said it gave the device a default shsh allowing it to be restored after the program was ran.
    That part is a sure sign that it's not legit. There's no such thing as a generic SHSH that will work on all devices.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-09-07 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •