Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iPod touch 2G at 4.0.2

Default Jailbreak iPod touch 2G at 4.0.2
    I just bought a 2G iPod touch from a friend of mine and ive been trying to jailbreak it. I really don't know what I'm dong. I've been to JailbreakMe.com and it said my firmware was too new (I have 4.0.2). I don't know how to downgrade to a sooner firmware, or whatever I need. Can someone help?

You're going to have to wait until a jailbreak comes out for your firmware. Jailbreakme.com only supports 4.0 and below. Of course you can always try downgrading . But considering you just got it from a friend you won't have any of the nessecary files to downgrade using shsh files (files used by saurik to make it able to downgrade). Apples being retarded and signing their new firmware so people like us can't downgrade and jailbreak (even though it's perfecly legal!) so good luck in your adventures with your new iPod. It's going to be a bumpy ride lol.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schmoo939 For This Useful Post:

Cheddar363 (2010-09-01), mondoburger (2010-09-09)

Thanks. If you hear of anything new, it would be great if you could let me know.

My Ipod touch 2G is up to 4.0.2 and I know I can downgrade but how? Can anyone help a newcommer to this site by giving me directions on how to downgrade??

Default how to downgrade ipod touch
    I think u can download the ios 4.0.1 from here. Then just Shift on restore on itunes. It should work because it work for me. Make sure you back up your ipod. I believe it should work.