Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How to restore and update ?

  1. #1
    Default How to restore and update ?
    Hello I have a iPod touch 3.1.3 3g mc model jailbroken with spirit. I now want to update too the newest version and restore (to get rid of all cydiacrap) as the jailbreak wasn't for me
    also I have iTunes 9.1.x if that's a problem?
    Can someone please explain how to do this, I heard dfu mode is good?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    If u want to officially update it just go to iTunes and click update.. It will update your phone to the latest 4.0.2 but bear in mind that once u update to 4.0.2. .. U cannot jailbreak it at the moment but I assume you want to get rid of jailbreak since u don't Cydia so you're good to go ..

  4. #4
    I want to restore to get rid of jailbreak

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazingrift View Post
    Hello I have a iPod touch 3.1.3 3g mc model jailbroken with spirit. I now want to update too the newest version and restore (to get rid of all cydiacrap) as the jailbreak wasn't for me
    also I have iTunes 9.1.x if that's a problem?
    Can someone please explain how to do this, I heard dfu mode is good?
    once you update it to the latest version ... it will remove all installed apps in your device as well as the jailbreak .. you dont have to restore... cause when u update it... everything will be back to factory settings... then sync your ipod back to your itunes to restore your backups and all apps.. cheers!

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    2,101
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 544 Times in 404 Posts

    You don't want to jailbreak anymore???
    Sheer madness...nurse, sedate that man!!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to skiptowncat For This Useful Post:

    Timmorulz (2010-08-23)

  8. #7
    But if I just update will it remove all the cydia files and stuff from jailbreak? Also I'm on iTunes 9.0 do I need iTunes 9.2 for 4.0.x if so how do I get 9.2 without updating to the very latest version of iTunes and will 9.2 do anything to my iPod touch 3.1.3 mc spirited ?

  9. #8
    yes.. when u update it will remove all cydia stuff and jailbreak ... and yes u need itunes 9.2 for iOS4 ... but if ure currently on 3.1.3 u can update it through itunes now but when u want to sync it after it finishes restore.. you have to update and install the latest version of itunes..

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post
    yes.. when u update it will remove all cydia stuff and jailbreak ... and yes u need itunes 9.2 for iOS4 ... but if ure currently on 3.1.3 u can update it through itunes now but when u want to sync it after it finishes restore.. you have to update and install the latest version of itunes..
    So your saying to update and restore (just normal no dfu mode?)
    Also are you saying I can update my ipod with itunes with my 9.0 then after 4.0 update I can update itunes so i can sync etc?

  11. #10
    yes... no need dfu mode if ure using the official iphone updates using iTunes (because everything will be done automatically by the software)... and true... after updating u need itunes 9.2 above to sync since ure running iOS4... u can also update itunes then update ur ipod both will work fine

  12. #11
    Ok well thanks this is what I'll do:
    1)Sync my iPod with iTunes
    2) update my iPod to latest firmware
    3) update iTunes to latest version
    4) waa- laa no jailbreak and I'm on 4.0
    if I've missed something please comment

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazingrift View Post
    Ok well thanks this is what I'll do:
    1)Sync my iPod with iTunes
    2) update my iPod to latest firmware
    3) update iTunes to latest version
    4) waa- laa no jailbreak and I'm on 4.0
    if I've missed something please comment
    yep.. i think that should do it

  14. #13
    Ok thanks alot, anyone else got anything to add please do

  15. #14
    I need confirmation on this before I do anything with my ipod?
    ( Please a moderator or someone)
    Do I only need to update my ipod from 3.1.3 to 4.0.2 to unjailbreak ?
    no errors and I keep all my stuff?
    And do I have to to update itunes before updating to the latest firmware on my ipod touch because I Think that might booger up my ipod as im on spirit 3.1.3 3rd gen mc model and on itunes 9.1, or can I just update to latest firmware then update my itunes?
    No restore nessary?

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •