Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking Crashed

Default Jailbreaking Crashed
    Yesterday, I had some problems with my iPod Touch 3g. So i decided to restore it with iOS 4.0. But because there was already iOS 4.02, i restored with my saved SHSH of iOS 4 on Saurik's server.

Now my problem is, that every time i try to jailbreak my iPod touch with jailbreakme.com my safari browser crashes. Just after i used the slider "slide to jailbreak".

Nothing works, I resettet my network settings, I deleted cookies and cache and I restored two more times.

All my restores of iOS 4 without Sauriks server before iOS 4.02 came out worked and I was able to jailbreak.

Can someone help me?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried to restore to 4.0.1? If that's an option for the iPod that is.

I thought 4.01 is only for iPhone. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by SiL3NZ; 2010-08-20 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Probably so. I have an iPod in the family, but I haven't updated it to 4.0. A lot of people had to do a fresh restore of 4.0 to get jailbreakme to work. They set up as a new device, synced their info apps games etc and then ran jailbreakme. It didn't work well if they restored from backup so be sure to sync your iPod before restoring to transfer anything you may have added to it recently before setting it up as new.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2010-08-20 at 02:00 PM.