Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: a few jailbreak questions

Question a few jailbreak questions
    So I'm thinking about jailbreaking my 2G iTouch (mb) on iOS4 (not 4.0.1 or 4.0.2, just 4.0) through jailbreak me, and I have a few questions:

1. After jailbreaking, would I be able to restore and then upgrade my ipod to the latest firmware simply through itunes and itunes only without leaving any trails I ever jailbreaked?

2. all that jailbreak me does is install cydia and such right? and what common problems have users found through jailbreak me (besides the while line in boot)?

3. My friend had a lot of trouble jailbreaking his device through red snow, so its hard to believe jailbreak me is really that easy and secure, so after all, it is?

4. There wouldnt happen to be a way to give your iDevice a dual boot (one jailbroken, one not) right? I'm totally dreaming right here, and a quick google search gives me unrelated results, even with some " "...

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure about 2 or 3 because I never used Jailbreak Me, but I believe for #1 you can restore and upgrade to latest firmware all through iTunes and for #4 I haven't heard of anything like that before so I don't believe so. Hope this helps a little.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

1)Yes restoring on itunes will remove the Jailbreak with no trace.
    2)IT opens up access to file directories and places a few system
    alterations to ALLOW cydia to run but yes.
    3)Redsn0w can be tricky at times but trust us Jailbreakme.com is the quickest simpliest way to do it.
    4)You can dualBoot but it tends to be iphone software and android software rather than double iphone... why would you want a NON jb version as well?
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Quote Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
    1)Yes restoring on itunes will remove the Jailbreak with no trace.
    Ah, perfect then
    2)IT opens up access to file directories and places a few system
    alterations to ALLOW cydia to run but yes.
    3)Redsn0w can be tricky at times but trust us Jailbreakme.com is the quickest simpliest way to do it.
    Allright, seems great
    4)You can dualBoot but it tends to be iphone software and android software rather than double iphone... why would you want a NON jb version as well?
    There wouldnt be much use of it, but I know Im gonna completly customize and mess with my ipod, so id prefer to have a clean version to do my (rare) app purchases, and I also figured out a non jb'd and non customized boot would be faster for certain purposes, but that shouldnt be much of a problem, I'm backing up my ipod as soon as its battery drains out...

Believe it dude jailbreakme jailbreaks your iDevice in a minute or two.

1) Yes, but u will lose all your data
    2) It does a few things with your ipod but cydia is the main part. U can install many things with Cydia
    3) JailbreakMe is completely safe and secure but it may freeze during the jailbreak. Thats why you have to clear caches b4 you do.
    4) You could dual boot it