Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroke 1.1.4, Summerboard Fix = Summerboard Fail!

Default Jailbroke 1.1.4, Summerboard Fix = Summerboard Fail!
    Iv been on firmware 1.1.4 which was jailbroken easily. Well I did not install Summerboard because I know some people said it did not work.

Well I finally found a fix. Well when I installed Summerboard, it done its thing and installed. Then I did the Summerboard Fix and press the home button so it can reload (you know after you install something, it reloads) and it just shows the spinner loading thing in the middle. Its sits there and sits there and loads. I thought this was normal and apparently not. I let it sit for 5 mintues and then it froze. So I pushed the power button and home button and it shut off the iPod Touch. Then the device shuts off and then I press the power button again, it takes me to the recovery thing. So what I am thinking is that summerboard fix is not what it say it is, but a stupid prank someone is trying to make. (at least what I think)

I did the iPodTouchMaster video (before his account got deleted by YouTube, his new name is ipodtouchmaster05)

In one of his videos, it showed you gotta be in 1.1.2, install BSD Subsysten, OpenSSH, and then add his source and then go to the 1.1.4 softupgrade. I done this and it jailbreaked 1.1.4 jus fine, no problems since.
    Its when I try to install summerboard + the fix that I get this problem.

Anybody else have this problem? I really wanna use 1.1.4 with Summerboard. Please help. Thanks.

You don't need the fix.
    Summerboard works fine, don't forget to restart your iPod or it won't work.
    If you don't see your themes, Install SMB Themes fix or 1.1.3/1.1.4 Theme Fix (in the 1.1.3 tweaks in installer).