Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch Frozen After Respring

Default iPod Touch Frozen After Respring
    I need some help with my jailbroken third-generation iPod Touch. Yesterday I was moving apps around and changing Iconoclasm layouts in order to install a new theme, but when I resprung (for like the tenth time since I had to change my Categories folders over and over again), it wouldn't actually restart the springboard. It was stuck on the setting language screen, so I turned it off by holding the lock and home buttons until it turned off, and when I turned it back on again, it was almost frozen. I say almost because it doesn't display any animations and only responds once about every five seconds. I can't swipe to change pages on the home screen or go to spotlight, and when I use SpringJumps to change pages, it stays there for a second and then goes back to the first page. I can't start any apps in between page jumps, either. I've restarted my iPod several times and it still won't work. I'm on OS 3.1.3 jailbroken with Spirit. It looks to me like I have to go to DFU and restore since I don't want to upgrade to iOS 4.0, but I'm not sure that will work. Does anyone have any ideas?

Do you gave your shsh blobs saved from 3.1.3 if so you should be able to restore back to 3.1.3 by redirecting iTunes to sauriks server. If not maybe it's just better to update to 4.0 and jailbreak that with jailbreakme.com

I do have SHSH blobs from 3.1.3 saved in Cydia, but I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do the whole DFU and restore thing, since I want to save some things from some of my apps (save games and stuff like that). But I guess it is what it is. I found a thread here that explains how to restore to 3.1.2 using saved SHSHs--am I correct in assuming that it is the same for my situation?

Hmm I'm not sure 3.1.2 is a whole other world :/

Try disabling the theme (if possible)