Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes not recognizing icon arrangement on ipod, new playlists on ipod after JB to os4

Default iTunes not recognizing icon arrangement on ipod, new playlists on ipod after JB to os4
    everything runs fine and I can sync and copy music apps etc but I lose the home screen and have to reset it everytime i sync apps. It just arranges the apps alphabetically.

furthermore, the playlists i create on the ipod are not recognized by itunes and they're gone everytime i plug it into itunes even without syncing.

I dont have automatic sync on and stuff

anyone know how to fix this?

This happened after I JBed with ios4. I would really want to avoid restoring cause its a pain copying over the music and reorganizing them

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Did you by any chance install Infinidock and/or Infinifolders?
    I'm wondering if you installed Infinidock and/or Infinifolders. I had a similar defolderization and alphabetization after installing Infinidock. I had previously installed Infinifolders. After reading your post I am now hesitant to sync, and again lose all my laboriously assembled folders. This never happened with Categories under os3.1.3. My ipt3g is iOS4.0 jailbreakme.com'd.

No i don't remember having them installed.

Must be one of those nasty cydia apps. Hope we find a solution to this.

I had this problem after installing Infinifolders. After uninstalling it, the folders were back. I emailed the developer and he gave me the fix. This allowed me to successfully install Infinifolders without my folders being messed up, but they still don't display properly in iTunes. Here's the fix:

Uninstall all Infiniapps (and Iconoclasm if you have it).

Please use iFile and remove:
    /var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/IconSupportState-whatever

Then, use iFile to edit /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist and remove <key>ISLastUsed</key><string>-something</string

Respring.

Reinstall.

i backed up everything to sharepod and restored already cause it was pissing me off.

Nevertheless it was probably IconSupport which was doing that.

Infinifolders still worked without that pile of steaming crap

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

Default First sync after 4.0 JB went OK!
    After today's Infinifolders update I finally got the nerve to sync my ipt3g/4.0 for the first time after upgrade/JB. I had one test folder with 13 apps in it. Everything went fine! The test folder still had 13 apps after the sync! Amazing. (I am also running Infinidock and FCSB)