Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unjailbreaking itouch 3G 3.1.3

Default Unjailbreaking itouch 3G 3.1.3
    Hello just joined,

I'm currently jailbroken on a iPod touch 3rd Gen on 3.1.3 with spirit untethered.
    I want to update to 4.0 and remove the jailbreak and cydia etc. But I've seen a lot of comments on videos saying that they get an error saying something like iPod isn't eligible for the requested build. Will I get this error and how should I go about restoring e.g normal restore and update, recovery mode or dfu mode ?
    Thanks bz

Please someone help!
    Last edited by Blazingrift; 2010-08-01 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone apummell's Avatar
    Thanks

DFU and restore , that may not be a free upgrade for that device though?

What so you have too pay for 4.0 ? On 3rd gen itouch ?????

itouch?

iPod touch

Can someone please help, thanks
    Last edited by Blazingrift; 2010-08-01 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So if I restore and update to 4.0 in dfu mode I won't get that error ( this iPod " " isn't eligible for the requested build ) and should I set up as new ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Just sync, update to 4.0, and visit jailbreakme.com. Worked for me.
    I also started with a spirit-jailbroken ipt3g, os3.1.3. All I did was sync to iTunes (9.2) and upgrade to iOS4.0 in iTunes. Then I visited jailbreakme.com and it jailbroke just fine. However, DON'T TRY TO RESTORE YOUR OLD CYDIA APTS WITH APTBACKUP. Reinstall them by one by one in Cydia. (I managed to destroy everything by attempting to use Cydia AptBackup to restore all my Cydia apts at once. This totally screwed up my iPod, but that is a story in another post.)

So updateing removes jailbreak and cydia stuff e.g winterboard, no restore needed ?

Thanks

Default Yes. iTunes OS update always removes any previous jailbreak materials
    Apple is only too happy to remove your jailbreak and iTunes OS update is designed to do it cleanly. The only issue is being able to jailbreak the new OS once you've got it. It will be interesting to see how long it takes Apple to plug the jailbreakme.com leak.

Oh that's good news, can anyone else confirm this ?

well if you are still interested in knowing how to restore, go to this link

That's downgrading on iPhone but thanks anyway, I just want my iPod on 4.0 no jailbreak.

So should I just update or dfu update and restore? Also someone said it may cost to upgrade to 4.0 on my device is this true ?
    Last edited by Blazingrift; 2010-08-05 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blazingrift View Post
    That's downgrading on iPhone but thanks anyway, I just want my iPod on 4.0 no jailbreak.

So should I just update or dfu update and restore? Also someone said it may cost to upgrade to 4.0 on my device is this true ?
    Just sync first in iTunes, then upgrade to 4.0 in iTunes. You will then be unjailbroken. That worked for me with the same configuration as you (ipt3g, 3.1.3, jailbroken) It was free for me. I never heard of a charge for this. The only thing that went wrong for me was that afterwards I jailbroke the 4.0 and then installed incompatible Cydia apps which toasted my Apple apps.

But why does eveyone else say to dfu mode then restore n update ?

Anyone else got anything to say which should I go for ?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Some people tweaked their iPods by installing a firmware that tricked the iTunes into believing that it was eligible for a firmware which it wasn't. Afterwards they could not downgrade or restore to a factory firmware designed for their touch. If you simply jailbroke 3.1.3 then all you have to do is Update via iTunes to 4.0 and then visit Jailbreakme.com afterwards on your touch using safari.

Wow so that cleanly removes my jailbreak on my 3rd gen 3.1.3 spirit jailbroken iPod touch, no restore just update ?
    Last edited by Blazingrift; 2010-08-07 at 04:07 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blazingrift View Post
    Wow so that cleanly removes my jailbreak on my 3rd gen 3.1.3 spirit jailbroken iPod touch, no restore just update ?
    You keep asking the same question over and over again. Your situation is very simple because you just want 4.0 with no jailbreak. You know, why don't you ask someone at an Apple store. Tell them you jailbroke your phone, and you regret it, and want to upgrade to 4.0 with no jailbreak. I betting they will be glad to help you. They might even do it for you right in the store. Don't forget to fully sync at home on your iTunes first.

Ok cheers sorry for the repetetivness it's just I like to have as many opinions possible and I want to be 100% sure before I do something to my precious touch

Restored from Spirit Jailbroken 3.1.3 via iTunes to 4.0.1 and worked like a charm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast