Ok peeps,...
Right firstly i would just like to say hello as this is my first post,... and also this forum looks very good as to why i registered and in hoping some of you very informative tech heads can give me some much needed help and advice.
Now what brings me here is that ive just bought a ipod touch,3g,mc on firmware 3.1.1. Now, is there a prog or way to jailbreak this version without upgrading?, tethered or untethered? Also i have tried upgrading to both 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 using the shift method in itunes for my model to which i think we all know by now at the moment isnt possible due to apple not signing the previous firmwares anymore and also by putting my ipod into "dfu" mode and trying the restore also to no avail. That way i could just use spirit.
Ive also tried using itunes version 9.1 and 9.2, which made no difference and i tried editing the host file, also no difference.
Im sorry if this has been mentioned before for my version but i just cannot find any info or prog method for the version of my ipod. (3g mc, 3.1.1).
Or is the only option now to wait untill 4.1 ios and wait for a new jailbreak?
Also,.. i know that once you jailbreak you should save your "shsh" details,... but what exactly is this?
Thank you in advance for any info.