Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking iPod Touch 2G Firmware 4.0 (MC Model)

Default Jailbreaking iPod Touch 2G Firmware 4.0 (MC Model)
    Hello,
    My current iPod model is the following: iPod Touch 8GB 2G firmware 4.0 MC-model.

I was wondering if there was any possible way to jailbreak or downgrade my iPod. I've already tried to downgrade it, but to no avail due to the fact taht I'm missing firmware 3.1.2 SHSH blob files. It seems that there are no jailbreak programs out there that are compatible with my iPod.

So does anyone know any solutions? And if not, when do you think the solution to this will be released?

In the meantime, I've been trying to jailbreak using the custom firmware made by Sn0wbreeze. However, whenever I try to recover my iPod into the custom jailbroken firmware, I keep coming up with the error code: 1604. I'm guessing this means that this method is invalid in my case. If anyone can find a solution to this error, maybe we have a solution to the lack of support to this model.

Thanks

Damn, were in the same damn boat right now, both w/ 8GB, 2nd gen, MC models w/ 4.0 OS and I can honestly tell you the same I've been told: At this point in time, no, we can't jb them the diff. is you've already tried, I won't attempt to on account of I don't want to risk any, if possible, permanent damage to the system itself, best of luck to you, if you manage to actually successfully jb it let me know how, IF EVERYTHING still works afterwards.
    Last edited by Xeno Templar; 2010-07-28 at 10:27 AM.

Snowbreeze is for 3.1.3 and under, not 4.0 MC.

Default Jailbreaking 2nd gen 32GB 4.o iOS iTouch
    I'm dealing with the same problem. I bought a refurbished 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch off ebay. It is an MC model running 4.0 iSO. I've been trying to jailbreak it but have had no luck so far. Tried downgrading to 3.1.2 (didn't work) tried downgrading itunes to 9.1.1 (didn't work) and so on so forth. If anyone has any ideas or if any of the previous posters runs across something I'm sure there's others that would appreciate it as well.

I also have an MC 8GB iPod touch

I've heard that Snowbreeze 1.7 works, but I haven't tried it yet because it is a tethered jailbreak. If you don't mind connecting your iPod Touch to your computer every single time you want to power it on, then you can try it. However, I would just wait until they come out with an untethered jailbreak.

I also believe that the newest version of redsn0w works with the MC iPod Touch. Unfortunately, it is also tethered.
    Last edited by Hajile; 2010-07-31 at 06:57 PM.

I am also in the same boat with the rest of you, with the same hardware. I will attempt to use Snowbreeze 1.7 to see if I can jailbreak it this, and post the results here.

Here are my step by step results so you may follow my progress.

Tools Used:
    iPod Touch 2G (A1288) (Model: MC086LL) (Firmware: 4.0)
    iTunes v9.2.1.4
    Snowbreeze v1.7

1.) Connected my iPod to my computer
    2.) Ran the program sn0wbreeze-V1.7.exe
    3.) Selected "Simple Mode"
    4.) Used "iPod2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw" Firmware
    5.) Recieved notice saying that my Ipod Touch 2G cannot be jailbroken using Sn0wbreeze v1.7 since mine IS an "MC Model". I clicked on "I Understand" and proceeded anyways, regardless of the notice.
    6.) Snowbreeze created the modded IPSW file "sn0wbreeze_iPod Touch 2G-4.0.ipsw" and placed it on my desktop.
    7.) I powered off my iPod Touch.
    8.) I successfully entered the DFU Recovery mode by holding down the Power + Home Buttons for 4 seconds, then releasing the Power button, while continuing to hold on to the Home button for another 10 seconds.
    9.) ITunes tells me that it has detected my Ipod Touch is in recovery mode (and my iPod shows the connect to iTunes logo). I click on OK to dismiss the message.
    10.) I shift click on the restore button and navigate to where I have my modded ipsw file "sn0wbreeze_iPod Touch 2G-4.0.ipsw" and attempt to recover it.
    11.) iTunes extracts the ipsw file.
    12.) iTunes attempts to prepare iPod Touch for restore.... and hangs on this process for about 4 - 5 minutes, and then it errors out with the unknown error code 1604.

That is as far as I am able to get with this using Snowbreeze v1.7
    Last edited by Kwipper; 2010-08-01 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have a WAY easier way.

On your iDevice, (iPod, iPhone, iPad)

1) Open up Safari

2) Go to jailbreakme.com

3) Slide the arrow.

4) Have fun with Cydia! <-- Most important step

Just click the "Thanks!" button on the bottom right of this reply!
    Last edited by Salil9992; 2010-08-02 at 03:11 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Salil9992 For This Useful Post:

gamer5454 (2010-08-03), timthumb (2010-08-07)

.... you're *bleeping* KIDDING ME!

THIS ACTUALLY.. WORKED! O.O

OH THANK GOODNESS!!!

Hi Kwipper!

What the method is you say worked? Your method with the 12 steps or the method from "Salil9992" with 4 steps?

I have de Ipod Touch 8G 3ªGeneration with firmware 3.1.3 and model MC086LL this method working for my Ipod?

thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tecnicodaniell View Post
    Hi Kwipper!

What the method is you say worked? Your method with the 12 steps or the method from "Salil9992" with 4 steps?

I have de Ipod Touch 8G 3ªGeneration with firmware 3.1.3 and model MC086LL this method working for my Ipod?

thanks!
    Yeah, it will work. Or, if you want to be safer, go to Spirit

This is SO fast and easy. Also, Kwipper, if you are going to update to 4.0, make sure you BACK UP your SHSH blobs! I didnt and I suffered...

Ok thanks!...but I have three questions:

one - I need make the backup from SHSH Blobs before unlock with the Spirit or after unlock?

two - What the better software to backup the SHSH blobs? Umbrella or Cyndia?

three - I need backup the SHSH blobs only I want update the firmware to iOS 4.0 and use the jailbreakme.com to unlock after and for I can make the downgrade if necessary to 3.1.3 again, because some problem in the future?

tks!!
    Last edited by tecnicodaniell; 2010-08-03 at 03:58 AM.

I have tried the jailbreakme.com site several times now. Tried restarting device, and same result over and over. The site pops up on the screen, but the slider on slide to jailbreak won't move. Nothing. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Salil9992 View Post
    Yeah, it will work. Or, if you want to be safer, go to Spirit

This is SO fast and easy. Also, Kwipper, if you are going to update to 4.0, make sure you BACK UP your SHSH blobs! I didnt and I suffered...
    Ok thanks!...but I have four questions:

one - I need make the backup from SHSH Blobs before unlock with the Spirit or after unlock?

two - What the better software to backup the SHSH blobs? Umbrella or Cyndia?

three - I need backup the SHSH blobs only I want update the firmware to iOS 4.0 and use the jailbreakme.com to unlock after and for I can make the downgrade if necessary to 3.1.3 again, because some problem in the future?

four - I need stay conected in iTunes or iTunes open to run the Spirit unlock? Or iTunes stay closed when I run Spirit?

tks!!
    Last edited by tecnicodaniell; 2010-08-03 at 03:15 PM.

I got told to have iTunes closed when using spirit and mine worked

wow jailbreakme.com . o the ipod touch 2g 4.0 mc model really works thanks i had lots of headached triing to break this touch thanks