Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: THE DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUESTED BUILD! plz help

Default THE DEVICE ISN'T ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUESTED BUILD! plz help
    hi everybody,

i currently own a 2g 8gb ipod touch running on 3.1.1 firmware.

i forgot my passcode lock, so i put my ipod in DFU mode and tried to restore and upgrade to version 4.0
    everytime i try though,i get and error message that says 'the device isnt eligible for the requested build.
    HELP PLEASE

and before you ask, i have never jailbroken and never will.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Try recovery mode instead of dfu.

parden?

is dfu mode when the itunes logo comes up and theres a usb cord and it says connect to itunes? coz thats what im on
    Last edited by ipodtouchfan78; 2010-07-24 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sounds stupid but plug it into the back of the computer not the front all though i think that should give an error code

also instead of using 4.0 force it to use 3.1.3 by downloading the firmware

p.s. regular restore dosnt work if its passlocked

if none of this works good luck and keep reading there is a way

that is not dfu mode read up on how to get it into dfu mode you will no when its there
    Last edited by shawnroof; 2010-07-24 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

No that is recovery mode you are in if you see the usb cord. Dfu mode is where the screen is all black. Since you have been trying recovery mode you should try dfu mode. To get dfu mode you hold power and home button for exactly 10 seconds then let go of the power button whilst keeping the home button pressed down until itunes sees it (usually takes another 10 seconds or so).

I think you should return the iPod to it's owner. They will know the passcode and be able to unlock it no problem.

Let them restore it. If the owner reported it stolen Apple can track the location of the iPod by their IP.

yeh my friend gave it to me coz hes not tech savvy or anything like that. but hes like 8 and cant even read yet, so now i gotta put wif all fis $#!t

but thanks for the advice anyways guys, really great help and i love the site.

okay im trying to restore with 3.1.3 now will let you know how it goes.
    Last edited by ipodtouchfan78; 2010-07-25 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost