Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New 32gb ipod touch jailbreakable?

Default New 32gb ipod touch jailbreakable?
    Hi everyone i want to buy a ipod toucha dn jailbreak it but im not sure which ones are jailbreakable.
    Soo.. i am asuming that is i buy a brand new 3G 32gb ipod touch from best buy, it would have the latest firmware on it and im wondering whether it would be jailbreakable?

Thanks in advance to who ever answers.

here use this guide: iPhone & iTouch Jailbreak / Unlock Matrix | jailbreakmatrix.com

I bought a 3rd gen 32gb from best buy and it had 3.1.3 firmware, i didn't realize that 4.0 couldn't be jailbroken so I upgraded. My loss.

Thanks for that and do you think the ipod i'll get from bets buy will have firmware 4.0?

Also, do you think 4.0 wll be jailbroken anytime soon?

I think it will have 3.1.3 on it. Ask someone there and if they don't know, then you can probably return it if it has 4.0 already on it. However, mine as I said before did not have 4.0.

From what I've heard from sinfuliphone, which is currently down a jailbreak for 4.0 will be coming soon. I think it might come sometime in august.

Oh okay. Thanks for the info guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr95AY View Post
    Thanks for that and do you think the ipod i'll get from bets buy will have firmware 4.0?

Also, do you think 4.0 wll be jailbroken anytime soon?
    it comes with 3.1.3 and ios 4 can be jailbroken using jailbreakme.com from mobile safari.

if its 3.1.3 why not just use spirit and not worry about the .pdf exploit?