Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lots of missing icons in 3.1.3 JB Spirit and COULD NOT RESTORE

Default Lots of missing icons in 3.1.3 JB Spirit and COULD NOT RESTORE
    Help! i had the same problem...
    I jailbroken my ipod touch to 3.1.3 with Spirit and when the software is done jailbroken the button written "Quit". And so i clicked on it and i didnt know it will re-jailbreak it again and i closed it halfway through.
    And now my home menu has lots of missing icons (eg: ipod, videos, maps, etc..)
    1) I tried installing SBSettings and went into the hide icons tab and the missing icons are not in there for me to toggle it on show!
    2) I tried restarting it and all abt the problem is still there
    3) I tried restoring it and iTunes gave me an error "The ipod "iPod" could not be restored. This device isnt eligible for the requested build"
    4) I tried to go into DFU mode for recovery the same error message pops out.
    Help me out please?

I did the exact same thing and now the previously "undeletable" icons (i.e. music, settings, etc) are all gone!
    Did you find a solution, are you just as stuck as me? TT TT

well i have no choice but to update it to iOS4 and wait for the next jailbreak.
    After u update it remember to save ur SHSH blobs or else u wont be able to restore back to the current firmware version

Hey kevinbh just wondering if it worked updating to 4.0 because I want too and im 3rd gen 3.1.3 spirit jbed, did you get that error again? And how did you restore e.g just click restore while connected or dfu mode? Thanks a lot b

well just connect to itunes and click update. It will then update to the latest version. That what i did. But it will be un-jailbroken again. U will then have to wait for the new jailbreak. Which means technically all ur apps will be gone and u will be able to use ur ipod for music only.

So u didn't restore and update u just updated ? I heard that buggers up ur iPod, and yeh I sorta want to unjailbreak mine anyway I didn't really see any great advantage jbed