Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with iOS 4.0 and cydia

Default Problems with iOS 4.0 and cydia
    Hello, I've done the jailbreak to my i Pod touch (2G), for the first time. So I don't really know how cydia works, but I'm learning. My problems are two:

1- I install cydgets but can't put then on in the cydget submenu on the settings menu.

2- I install wallpapers, but when i go to the wallpapers submenu, i only see the one that come with the OS. So I can't see the new ones I installed.

Anyone is experimenting the same problem. Anyone can help? Thanks for all.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Note: I Wouldnt Recommend Enabling Wallpaper, it Slows Down The Device, But Whatever. I Only Hve Multitasking Enabled Because I Can Listen To Pandora Radio While Using iPhone.

Yes, You Can Only Use The Default Wallpapers That Come With The OS For Home. Winterboard Has A User Wallpaper To Make You Enable Whatever Wallpaper, But Isn't Working At The Moment. POSSIBLE SOLUTION: I'm Not Sure If You Already Tried This Yet. Go To Photos And Find The Picture You Want As A Wallpaper, Click It, Then On The Bottom Right Hand Corner Will Be A Square With An Arrow, Touch It. Click Set As Wallpaper And Then Touch "Set." If This Doesn't Work You Can't Have Custom Wallpapers I Guess. Also, Cydget Isn't Yet Compatible With iOS4 Last Time I Checked, Sorry. Check Out This List To See What Apps In Cydia And Rock Work, Don't Work: http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...lity-list.html

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Halten77 For This Useful Post:

Aglarel (2010-07-12)

Ok, thanks for your help. I'll try to do what you say about wallpapers. At least I'm more relaxed about my jalibreak problems . Thanks again.

Thanks

No Problem! By The Way Cydget Is Confirmed Not Working. Remember The List, Keep It For Future Reference. If You Need Any Help At All Just PM Me

Can I ask how you managed to Jailbreak your iPod please ?

Mine is iOS4 8GB 2G MC Model and I can't seem to find a proper guide to jailbreaking

Thanks in advance to any helper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jameslfc5 View Post
    Can I ask how you managed to Jailbreak your iPod please ?

Mine is iOS4 8GB 2G MC Model and I can't seem to find a proper guide to jailbreaking

Thanks in advance to any helper
    This person, like me, had used RedSn0w 0.9.5 B5-5. It jailbreaks the iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (NON MC MODEL) Sorry Dude You're Out Of Luck, Just Wait Or A New Spirit Or See If You Qualify For Sn0wbreeze/PwnageTool

Quote Originally Posted by Halten77 View Post
    This person, like me, had used RedSn0w 0.9.5 B5-5. It jailbreaks the iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (NON MC MODEL) Sorry Dude You're Out Of Luck, Just Wait Or A New Spirit Or See If You Qualify For Sn0wbreeze/PwnageTool
    Thanks for the reply mate, I am a complete noob at all this so do you have an idea, of how long you think it will take the spirit team to release one ? Has there been any mention of one ?

Thanks

Thanks

Default Spirit for iOS4 Release
    Thanks for the reply mate, I am a complete noob at all this so do you have an idea, of how long you think it will take the spirit team to release one ? Has there been any mention of one ?

Thanks
    Actually yes, they mentioned it. Comex currently has his hands full because he is perfecting Flash for iPad, iPod, and iPhone. So he's busy. Supposedly it is confirmed that it Releases on August 5th. More Info Here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general/718541-spirit-ios4-release-day-announced.html
    Hope you have a nice day! Message me if you have any concerns or need help of any sort.
    -Halten77
    Last edited by Halten77; 2010-07-13 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Broken Link

Actually yes, they mentioned it. Comex currently has his hands full because he is perfecting Flash for iPad, iPod, and iPhone. So he's busy. Supposedly it is confirmed that it Releases on August 5th. More Info Here: Spirit for iOS4 Release Day Announced
    Hope you have a nice day! Message me if you have any concerns or need help of any sort.
    -Halten77
    Thanks so much mate! you are making me love this forum already!

Is there any way I can leave rep ?

ps, and when you say "perfecting flash" do you mean, making websites that require flash capable of running on the iPhone 3Gs safari ?

Thanks

Thanks so much mate! you are making me love this forum already!

Is there any way I can leave rep ?

ps, and when you say "perfecting flash" do you mean, making websites that require flash capable of running on the iPhone 3Gs safari ?
    He is making a plugin named "Frash." It enabled Flash Player on your iDevice. So you can view videos of any website, view flash enabled websites, etc. It's pretty cool. Rep? What do you mean Rep? Lol elaborate, I'm here to help

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Halten77 For This Useful Post:

jameslfc5 (2010-07-13)

He is making a plugin named "Frash." It enabled Flash Player on your iDevice. So you can view videos of any website, view flash enabled websites, etc. It's pretty cool. Rep? What do you mean Rep? Lol elaborate, I'm here to help
    Rep is off another forum, you can add rep to people when they help so it makes them look better, but I have just discovered there is a thanks button on this forum so I have pressed it

Since the iOS4 can be jailbroke on the iPhone 3Gs (correct if I'm wrong please) ... is there a way I can get the spellcheck/auto-correct feature that the iOS4 has ?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jameslfc5 For This Useful Post:

iPodNerd12 (2010-07-17)

Thanks

You can jailbreak the iPhone 3GS as long as it's not MC model, and old bootroom. And if you have never jailbroke with Spirit, Never Ever. And It Has To Be Already Jailbroken. If Yes, You Can Use PwnageTool (Mac) Or Sn0wbreeze (Windows). If you can't jailbreak, I'll see if I can port Auto correction and spelling check to your current jailbroken firmware. But yes if you jailbreak iOS4 on 3GS you will have these features

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Halten77 For This Useful Post:

iPodNerd12 (2010-07-17)

You can jailbreak the iPhone 3GS as long as it's not MC model, and old bootroom. And if you have never jailbroke with Spirit, Never Ever. And It Has To Be Already Jailbroken. If Yes, You Can Use PwnageTool (Mac) Or Sn0wbreeze (Windows). If you can't jailbreak, I'll see if I can port Auto correction and spelling check to your current jailbroken firmware. But yes if you jailbreak iOS4 on 3GS you will have these features
    My iPhone is a 32GB 3Gs which I had on 3.1.3 so I jailbroke it via Spirit - if thats any use ?

And what do you mean by porting it mate, would it be difficult ?

Thanks

My iPhone is a 32GB 3Gs which I had on 3.1.3 so I jailbroke it via Spirit - if thats any use ?

And what do you mean by porting it mate, would it be difficult ?
    No, unfortunately it looks like you can't jailbreak at the time, as no current tools support your iPhone 3GS's Specifications. Planetbeing will be releasing a jailbreak for iPhone 4, but not sure if it'll work for the 3GS... I'll keep you posted. If anything the 100% guaranteed jailbreak is Spirit In August. Porting Means you edit a .plist file on your FileSystem within your iPhone and replace it with a .plst from another firmware, this doesn't work that much, and yes it's hard... But I'll do whatever it is you need necessary.

No, unfortunately it looks like you can't jailbreak at the time, as no current tools support your iPhone 3GS's Specifications. Planetbeing will be releasing a jailbreak for iPhone 4, but not sure if it'll work for the 3GS... I'll keep you posted. If anything the 100% guaranteed jailbreak is Spirit In August. Porting Means you edit a .plist file on your FileSystem within your iPhone and replace it with a .plst from another firmware, this doesn't work that much, and yes it's hard... But I'll do whatever it is you need necessary.
    Okay mate, cheers ... just keep me posted then please instead - you don't need to hassle yourself with that porting

One last thing is ... I have an Official unlocked iPhone and I am using it on t-mobile UK network and my internet speed isn't very fast and on the speedtest app - my HTC Hero beats the 3Gs - is there way of making the 3Gs better ? or is it down to my network ?

ps my download speed is around 300Kbps

Thanks

Okay mate, cheers ... just keep me posted then please instead - you don't need to hassle yourself with that porting

One last thing is ... I have an Official unlocked iPhone and I am using it on t-mobile UK network and my internet speed isn't very fast and on the speedtest app - my HTC Hero beats the 3Gs - is there way of making the 3Gs better ? or is it down to my network ?

ps my download speed is around 300Kbps
    Internet Speed is based solely on your cell phone provider or carrier. There's really not that much you can do about your iPhone's speed. Edge is really slow and you can't change that, the reason the hero is faster is because it's on 3G. You can download this browser for the iPhone named "Opera" Search it up in the app store. You will encounter Opera Mini. Just try out that Internet browser and seen if you have any difference! Delete if yOu don't like it. But yeah that's how it works. Glad to be of assistance to you, and welcome to ModMyi

Internet Speed is based solely on your cell phone provider or carrier. There's really not that much you can do about your iPhone's speed. Edge is really slow and you can't change that, the reason the hero is faster is because it's on 3G. You can download this browser for the iPhone named "Opera" Search it up in the app store. You will encounter Opera Mini. Just try out that Internet browser and seen if you have any difference! Delete if yOu don't like it. But yeah that's how it works. Glad to be of assistance to you, and welcome to ModMyi
    Okay thanks again - Basically ... does the 3Gs have the capability of being as fast as the Hero - as in there is nothing stopping this? just the network ?

Thanks

Okay thanks again - Basically ... does the 3Gs have the capability of being as fast as the Hero - as in there is nothing stopping this? just the network ?
    Loading advertisements on the Internet slow down and hog your connection. You can disable ads by again, editing a .plist file. You will load webpages faster, and yes your network is limiting your connection. On launch day the iPhone 3GS was very fast, but now they have reduced speeds to push you into buying an iPhone 4. That's business But yeah that's it!

Loading advertisements on the Internet slow down and hog your connection. You can disable ads by again, editing a .plist file. You will load webpages faster, and yes your network is limiting your connection. On launch day the iPhone 3GS was very fast, but now they have reduced speeds to push you into buying an iPhone 4. That's business But yeah that's it!
    Surely they cant reduce speeds can they ? :s - I thought it was dependant on hardware and not the software

Thanks

That's iPhone's speed that's controlled by the hardware... iPhone's Internet Speed Is Controlled By Your Carrier, If They Couldn't, You Would Have 3G Already That's Faster Than Your HTC Hero.... :/

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Halten77 For This Useful Post:

jameslfc5 (2010-07-13)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast