Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Practically unlimited apps" for 1.1.3

Default "Practically unlimited apps" for 1.1.3
    Im on 1.1.2 with 8gb ipod touch and 5 pages of apps including a 37.1mb beatphone app and my nes emulator(with lots of roms) both of which . If I was to switch to 1.1.3 would i be able to get "unlimited apps"(obviously limited to the size of my ipod). and not limited to the 124mb limmit after using bosstool to move everything?
    Any Help Would Be Very well... helpful

Sorry for the confusion if you thought that this was a tut for getting unlimited apps, I didn't make that clear in the title.
    Last edited by zackymcharvest; 2008-03-17 at 06:34 PM.

If you want to get max space for apps, run the following commands in your Terminal command:

cp -R /Applications /var/Applications
    mv /Applications /Applications.old
    ln -s /private/var/Applications /Applications
    rm -R /Applications.old

what these commands do is move your Applications to the second partition (the larger one where your music is stored) then creates a sym link between where the apps are now located and where they previously were located.
    Last edited by lightmaster; 2008-03-17 at 07:20 PM.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

wearmaize (2008-03-19), zackymcharvest (2008-03-18)

So will this work on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 and will apps installed after this script is ran, go to the "media partition" giving me "unlimited apps"?

It will give you as much space as yo have left on the iphone, as you are installing the apps on the big partition. For unlimited apps you can install summerboard 3.2, it will remove the 80 app limit.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

zackymcharvest (2008-03-23)

i tried to open tv100 and i got "password:" what do i put in?

You're password is alpine. Just type it ( you will not see any input, which is normal ) and then hit enter.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

zackymcharvest (2008-03-24)

Do i execute them one row at a time?

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

yes. but i would use bosstool. its easier.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Ok here is the thing with bosstool... when i use it on 1.1.2 is will give me unlimited apps but if i use it on 1.1.3 it just screws everything up. Does boss tool create a sim-link on 1.1.3-4

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    You're password is alpine. Just type it ( you will not see any input, which is normal ) and then hit enter.
    I get a loging incorrect error message. Then I get the prompt "login." I put root. Then it asks for password, and I put "alpine." It still tells me "login incorrect." What should I do?
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

http://jmoz.co.uk/blog/iphone-113-te...-not-working/6
    Read this link, I have done it MANY TIMES! I have had to re-jailbreak 1.1.4 to many times to count due to some misspell or something on the first row of code in the 4 lines on the top of this thread. After I run the code I get a "Main Script Execution" for every app trying to be installed. Maybe lightmaster could repost the script.