Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The son who thought he knew a better way!

Red face The son who thought he knew a better way!
    Hi all.

I have a son who has a Ipod Touch 3rd gen. I jailbroke my Iphone 3GS with Spirit and he thought he'd do the same. Unfortunately he is only 12 and decided the instructions weren't applicable to 12 year olds. Anyway I have no idea exactly what he did but now his iPod is stuck with the Apple on the screen. I can get it to have the usb cable on it with 'iTunes' written but that's it. I have tried restore. But get the message that says its not eligable for rebuild thing. I have opened the host file and dropped the extra info in hoping that it was just a case of bypass communication with Apple but I still get the same error message.

I appreciate that everyone has better things to do but if anyone can help one frazzled mum who is getting driven mad by 'have you done it yet' you have no idea how grateful I would be!!!

Thanking anyone in advance!

Apple stopped signing 3.1.3 and below firmwares. So u needed to be jailbroken and save the 3.1.3 or below shsh blobs to cydia server using the save my life link on cydia. If u never did that then I'm afraid all u can do is update to ios4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DJM AutoWerkz For This Useful Post:

lillymabel (2010-06-24)

Thank you so much for your speedy reply. It really was much appreciated.

However, I tried running Spirit again this morning but it didn't appear to recognise the device or anything but I left the ipod attached and let Spirit stay in the background. After reading your reply I went back to it and noticed that Spirit knew it was there so I clicked jailbreak and 'hey presto' it worked!! back to home page so to speak. Admittedly I can't get any further than that at the mo as the little git appears to have put a password on it! Obviously I will be finding out exactly why he needs a password later!

Anyway, thank you very much again.