Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error: "This Device Isn't Eligible For the Requested Build" HELP PLEASE

Default Error: "This Device Isn't Eligible For the Requested Build" HELP PLEASE
    Ok so the other day, I was just rearranging apps, And it Just shut down, and went to the apple logo. I jailbroke it about 3 weeks ago using spirit, and is running 3.1.3 firmware. It is a 3rd gen 8gb Ipod Touch. I tried restarting it or whatever, put it in DFU mode, hooked it up to iTunes and tried to restore. I got the message " This device is not eligible for requested build". I've tried restoring on multiple computers, and it still comes up with the same error. I went into the hosts file and put the message "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" at the bottom and saved it. I am running iTunes 9.1. Then tried restring it again and got the same problem. I am not much of a " computer hacker" and I am generally new to all this. Could somebody please help me. It would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

What Firmware are you trying to restore to? Apple do not support 3os any more, so it will give you that message.

I really don't care, as I said I'm kind of new to this, and I'd rather just restore to 3.1.3, but what do you suggest? And what does 3os mean? Thanks alot for the help. I just want my iPod back, and your help is greatly appreciated. Please reply.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi. I had a similar problem with my ipod touch 2g mc. Would not start. Was running 3.1.3 Spirit jailbroken. And also the "This device is not eligible for requested build". Well, this is my remedy. I upgraded itunes to 9.2 I then upgraded my ipod touch firmware to ios4. This, of course, removes the spirit jailbreak. Now you need to google for ipod touch firmwares. Once found, download - iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
    Now DFU your ipod. Now hold down shift and click restore. In the box that opens, browse to the firmware you downloaded. Select it and away it will go. Downgraded to 3.1.2 You cannot downgrade to 3.1.3 as it is no longer signed. That is my fix for the problem I had. Worked no problems at all. Will probably break with blackra1n as spirit may be a prob FOR IOS4 jailbreak or so i am told.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kapslock For This Useful Post:

Bridgina (2010-06-25)

Thank you soooo much!!!!!! I finally got it off of the Apple logo and it is restoring right now. So next I should put it into DFU mode by holding the power and sleep button then just holding the home button when the apple logo reappears? Then just put the firmware onto the iPod while in DFU mode? And shouldn't I have the 3rd gen firmware not 2nd as you put in your message? And where did you get the firmware? I have yet to find a reliable source. Thank you very much again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I would go here iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download Hope I am breaking no rules posting this?
    If your ipod is a 8GB then it is a 2nd gen. It will require this particular firmware iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw
    Yes DFU mode
    ipod touch 8GB are not 3rd gen. And you sir, are most welcome.
    Glad to help

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kapslock View Post
    Hope I am breaking no rules posting this?
    No, but why not link to this page?
    ModMyi Forums - Downloads - Firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Apologies. That was silly of me

Thanks alot guys. I think I finally got this whole thing sorted out. All of your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, i have a similar problem regarding my father's iPhone 3GS 3.1.3. I helped him jailbreak using Spirit. Then my father wanted to upgrade to 4.0.

So, i tried to restore it in iTunes but gave me the 'This device is not eligible for requested build' thing. Then i went to uninstall some jailbroken apps. Then i went to settings and clicked on the reset all contents and settings button and it got stuck at the 'Spinning Wheel of Death'.

Then i tried going in to DFU mode to restore and it gave me the 'This device is not eligible for requested build' thing again.

I have no idea what to do now. And i've been searching over the internet to solve this problem but could not find anything.

Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by allthat View Post
    Hi, i have a similar problem regarding my father's iPhone 3GS 3.1.3. I helped him jailbreak using Spirit. Then my father wanted to upgrade to 4.0.

So, i tried to restore it in iTunes but gave me the 'This device is not eligible for requested build' thing. Then i went to uninstall some jailbroken apps. Then i went to settings and clicked on the reset all contents and settings button and it got stuck at the 'Spinning Wheel of Death'.

Then i tried going in to DFU mode to restore and it gave me the 'This device is not eligible for requested build' thing again.

I have no idea what to do now. And i've been searching over the internet to solve this problem but could not find anything.

Please Help!
    Get iOS4 ipsw and do shift restore

Default This device isnt eligible
    Guys i am curently running 3.1.2 firmware on a 2nd generation ipod touch and I need to restore but the eligibility error keeps popping up and I have tried everything.

I dont want to sound desperate but I could use some help FAST.

Thanks Guys.

P.S can I downgrade to my own firmware

quioxz

This didnt work for me but check out this vid

Hope it helps

iTunes Restore/Downgrade Error "This Device Isn't Eligible For The Request Build" Fix
    TheJG1221

On youtube
    Last edited by literalwill14; 2010-06-27 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Guys getting the 'Not Eligible For The Request Build', do check if your iTunes is already updated to 9.2, cos iOS4 will not work with older version of iTunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I updated my itunes to 9.2
    and i'm downloading some new ipod update =__=
    But i'm confused ~ once it's done
    does it automatically update to iOS4 even if it had "Not Eligible for the Request Build" before?!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

similar problem like allthat....got a 3GS was running 3.1.3 new bootrom and spirit jb. Was clearing out all contents for resale and got the apple logo. Plugged to itunes 9.1 and got same message. I haven't updated to iOS4.

Error: "This Device Isn't Eligible For the Requested Build"
    Try to restore firmwear into my iphone 3gs. MC model. the error still on.
    I went into the hosts file and put the message "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" at the bottom and saved it. I am running iTunes 9.1. Then tried restring it again and got the same problem. In window vista and same happen to my mac.
    I'll need to restore the firmwear coz i want to jailbreak using spirit. My current firmwear jailbreak by blackrain. I'll can't reboot my iphone. Only can reboot by blaikrain. It's run ok using my ipod touch 2nd gen MC model firmwear 3.1.2 jailbreak by spirit. Same problem if I'm using firmwear 3,1.2 jailbreak by blackrain Please help!!! My ipone is freezing

poko - I'm guessing you don't have SHSH stored? You cannot restore to 3.1.2 without bypassing Apples signatures so without storing SHSH previously you won't be able to restore to anything other than iOS 4