Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia messing up?

Default Cydia messing up?
    Hello all, thank you for taking the time to read this and possibly help me.

I have the newest gen ipod touch with 3.1.3 that I jailbroke using Spirit.
    For a while after I jailbroke it, it worked totally fine. Then it started getting funny errors in Cydia like "sub process/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)". But that didn't seem to do anything that I noticed.
    Today though, I opened cydia and it said there were updates. I clicked it and then I got the same errors (there was a much longer one that I don't remember what it said, but its one I have been getting for a while). Now after that, Winterboard disappeared. I'm unable to download it through Cydia and I am also unable to update Cydia (due to the errors).I am also unable to download ANYTHING through Cydia.

Is there a way to manually update cydia or something? This is pretty frustrating. I never knew how much I'd miss winterboard

And if I manually jailbreak my iPod touch through Spirit, would that maybe fix things (since I'm still on 3.1.3)? My worry with that was that if it DOESN'T work, I'll just be stuck with an errored cydia and I'll (possibly?) lose the apps I downloaded through it already.
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Do you OpenSSH installed? If can SSH, try this:

Go to http://www.4shared.com/dir/SlhJGaVh/sharing.html and download rock.
    SSH in to your ipod.
    Copy it in to /var/tmp
    Press Ctrl+T and type dpkg -i rockapp.deb
    Then on ipod respring (or reboot/turn off and on)
    Use rock