Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 28 while trying to downgrade ipod touch from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2! Please help!!!

Default Error 28 while trying to downgrade ipod touch from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2! Please help!!!
    okay so i bought a new ipod touch yesterday with the 3.1.3 firmware already installed on it and when i try to downgrade it in itunes so that i can jailbreak it with blackra1n, it keeps coming up with error 28. it says that my ipod couldnt be restored because of an unknown error. someone plzz help!!!

Thanks

Wrong forum section!
    EDM

sorry im new to this place, in what section do i go to?

There is no way you can downgrade because you didn't backup your cydia shsh files on 3.1.2 and you can't because you just bought it

huh? i dont understand. my bro got a new ipod one week ago and he downgraded just fine...

Breaking News!!!! Spirit Jailbreak is supposed to come out sometime this week and it can jailbreak 3.1.3!!!
    Last edited by Halawa; 2010-05-02 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You got error 28 because you tried to downgrade an iPod that came with firmware version 3.1.3 already pre-installed. Currently, it's impossible to do it.

You can restore your device to usable state easily by clicking on restore in iTunes WITHOUT the shift key and then waiting for the firmware to restore to 3.1.3.

just go to spiritjb.com, download it and click jailbreak and it will jailbreak any device on 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 and also ipad on 3.2. Bonus is its untethered aswell