Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Jailbreaking an iPod Touch 2G (8GB)

Smile Help Jailbreaking an iPod Touch 2G (8GB)
    Hello and good day everyone, I already own a 3G iPod Touch (32GB) but I recently purchased an iPod Touch 2G (8GB) mainly to jailbreak it.

The iPod Touch 2G I bought will be brand new and I have a few questions regarding on how to properly/successfully jailbreak a new iPod Touch 2G, any help will be greatly appreciated.

MY PLANS & QUESTIONS

#1 I will be using redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak it, or should I use an older version redsn0w? I've read a few threads using this 0.9.4 redsn0w version and having trouble but only because they did not run it as windows xp sp3 compatible.

#2 Since my iPod Touch 2G will be brand new, where can I get a reliable copy of the 3.1.2 firmware?

#3 What iTunes version should I use? Will any iTunes version work?

#4 Last question; when I receive my iPod Touch 2G, should I activate it then update it to the latest firmware (3.1.3) via iTunes? Or are there any other steps I need to take before updating the firmware to 3.1.3?

I'm very new at this jailbreaking business and this will be my first attempt, so please help me get the best out of my jailbrekaing experience. Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Is it a MC model? If it is there's no jailbreak until 4.0 .

MB model; help anyone? Please answer my questions, thanks in advance.

Help please... What iTunes should I use?
    Last edited by iPinoy; 2010-05-01 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I to have a 2gen itouch if your new at yhis I suggest downloading blackra1n to jailbreak it won't matter what version of iTunes you have or firmware (unless 3.1.3) all you gotta do is turn your iPod and click make it ra1n and leave the rest to it and done I hope this helped

Opps when I said turn your iPod I meant turn it off sorry
    Last edited by amon81; 2010-05-01 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost