Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade and Jailbreak iPod Touch 3.1.3

Exclamation Downgrade and Jailbreak iPod Touch 3.1.3
    Guide to Downgrade and Jailbreak successfully iPod Touch 2nd Gen 3.1.3 (Tethered Jailbreak if MC Model)

What you need:

- iPod Touch 2nd Gen 3.1.3
    - Windows XP/Vista/7
    - Latest iTunes
    - Blackra1n
    - iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw

Guide:

* Install latest iTunes version

* Connect your iPod to your computer and iTunes will sync it

* Now on the summary page of your iPod in iTunes locate the restore button.

* Hit the restore button while holding the SHIFT key on your keyboard, this will let you use a ipsw file(restore firmware) from your local disk

* Choose the file you downloaded from above link iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw and let the process go by itself, it will take approx. 5 to 10 minutes max.

* Once the restore done, launch blackra1n.exe (Downloaded from the links above)
    Note: i suggest that you put blackra1n.exe in here C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support for compatibility issues and to avoid errors.

* Hit make it ra1n and enjoy the fast process (Thanks to geohot)

* Once done the iPod Touch will restart and it will be jailbreaked, locate the blackra1n icon on the springboard and launch it, install cydia, and enjoy your iPod Touch jailbreaked.

NOTICE: If you do reboot or shutdown your iPod Touch, at boot you will have the connect to iTunes logo, this is'nt a bug,its a tethered jailbreak if your model is MC, you have to launch blackra1n.exe while your iPod Touch is connected to your PC to make it work again, no need to reinstall everything.
    Last edited by cyberghoser1; 2010-05-01 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Corrected iPod 2nd Gen

You CANNOT downgrade from 3.1.3 with iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11 ispw or any other firmware from within iTunes of any version and jailbreak the iTouch 3G / MC model. There is NO known and published way to do this at present unless your an electronics expert with a rework station and EEPROM programming skills, hardware and software!

This is correct, you cannot jailbreak an iPod that you bought with firmware version 3.1.3. If you try it, you are going to get error 28. You would have to wait for a jailbreak for firmware 3.1.3.

I used to have 3.1.2, but my iPod crashed and I had to restore and Update.....still can't downgrade it, tried everything.

Yes you are correct i edited first post as i forgot to be clear on some things.
    Last edited by cyberghoser1; 2010-05-01 at 03:35 AM.

I did all of them but ı cant download cydia from blackra1n it said error downloading cydia couldnt download... what can ı do? help me

WiFi was enabled for sure? if yes, then try again to jailbreak it or launch again blackrain within your iPod.

I can enter internet from ı pod well I jailbreak 3 times but nothing has changed

My brother got an ipod touch last week and he downgraded it just fine without anyyy errors. i got my ipod touch yesterday and i couldnt downgrade it. i got error 28. why did my bros downgrade and mine not?

I repeat,

you CANNOT jailbreak an iPod that you bought with firmware version 3.1.3 pre-installed. If you try it, you are going to get error 28 like the guy above me did because he didn't read my reply. You would have to wait for a jailbreak for firmware 3.1.3.

Halawa, you can restore your device to usable state by clicking on Restore WITHOUT shift and then waiting for the firmware to restore to 3.1.3.

Stop bugging people that you can downgrade, you can't, if the device came with 3.1.3...

Im sorry but my 2nd gen 8GB iPod MC model came with 3.1.3 lol i mean thats a fact, it is brand new, and i jailbreaked it, first i downgraded to 3.1.2 what is so hard to understand in here?...

mine too 2G 8gb Ipod Mc ı did all things but ıpod couldn't download Cydia :S