Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help Jailbreaking iPod Touch 2G

Default Need help Jailbreaking iPod Touch 2G
    My ipod touch 2G is on 3.1.3 and is a MC model, when i try to downgrade it in itunes it trys to start the restore put when verifying it comes up error 28. Any suggestions??

download the firmware 3.1.2 of ipod second gen mb model and the restore (shift+restore)

i tired using this iPod2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw on my ipod touch 8GB 3.1.3 MC086BT model but i am still getting error 28 when it trys to verify the restore

As I said in the post about downgrading, I also get the same error. The problem is that the iPod you are trying to downgrade came with firmware version 3.1.3 already installed that you didn't upgrade it yourself. That way, it's impossible to downgrade to 3.1.2 and jailbreak it. All the new devices from the month of April come with 3.1.3 already installed.

You can restore your device to usable state by clicking on Restore in iTunes and waiting for the firmware to download.

We would have to wait for a jailbreak for 3.1.3 if we want to jailbreak our iPod.

thanks for that, so just got to sit and wait then, my other ipod was lucky then as its only a week older than the one that wont work. damn it

Yeah, it kinda sucks, but I'm sure that they are going to release a jailbreak for 3.1.3 when the new 3.2 firmware come in the month of May.